Friday, July 2, 2021

It's Raining, No Pouring!

5:37

5:56

6:43

It' 6:45 and both of us are up.  I was awakened at 5:30 by rain, Evie at 6:00 by an ear-deafening thunderclap seemingly above our house.  I was sitting on the front porch and when the thunder cracked, I literally jumped up off the couch, knocking my computer off my lap onto the ground. Wowser! It's quieted down for the moment but it's supposed to rain off and on the rest of the day. I just checked our rain gauge and we got another two-plus inch of rain this morning.

Yesterday I was unable to kayak because of the rain and the same goes for this morning because of the thunder and lighting although I am tempted to get out there. I did not leave for yoga until 9:30 so I got a few things done besides the blog before I left.  Yoga class was packed, 21 of us, with one other guy.  It was a relaxing Yin class, nothing too rigorous which might be why it's so popular. We rarely get off the mat.  I stopped for coffee, talked with Dave for almost the first time in a year then drove home. Evie of course had been busy, mostly because the guys were putting in our new dishwasher finally after waiting a week for a long enough hose.  I am hereby relieved of dishwashing duty. 

Once the guys were finished, I heated up soup for lunch along with a half of burger and Evie gathered all the shopping bags and took off for Wegmans and another big day of shopping. By the time our kids arrive, we will have enough food for a week or so it seems.  I watched Phoenix clinch a place in the NBA finals and then napped until Evie got home.  I helped unload the car the went out an spent an hour cutting weeds with a neigbhor's weed cutter, a V shaped blade attached to rope.  It worked pretty well but I have to gather up the cut weeds once they float to the top.  

Excited For Pizza Night

I came in at 5:15, took a quick shower and we then picked up our neighbors, Ken and Majorie at 6:00 because we were driving into Jamestown to Pace Pizza for dinner.  We were lucky to find a parking spot on the street and a table inside because it was surprisingly busy for a Thursday night.  We ordered the 17 incher with pepperoni and mushrooms, loved it, and have enough for either another dinner or a couple of lunches.  Both Ken and Majorie liked it too, reminding them of their favorite pizza place in Pittsburgh.  We were home by 8:30, in time to watch some TV, Colbert and Ted Lasso, a series which we were slow to like it but we really enjoy it now.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...