Friday, July 30, 2021

Windy And Cool

A View Of Evie's Garden

6:23

It's 7:30 and the winds howling, the lake choppy and I am not sure I will be able to kayak.  I was up at 6:00 as usual, as the wind was unsettling the blinds. I am listening to something different, Julie Mason on Potus Politics. I did attempt a paddle, lasting only ten minutes because the wind and lake waves were too much. 

A Brief Kayak Morning

Thursday was a bizarre day.  I had plans, none of which seemed to work out.  The morning went well with a good Yin Yoga class of twenty.  I am wondering if they ought to make it a vaccinated class only as the virus begins to rear its ugly head. I would be happy with it. After class, I did a quick shopping at Aldi, picking up the basics, milk, yogurt, and lettuce.  On the way home, I stopped and took a photo of a house on Locust where one of our blog viewers from Germany lived for a year on a teacher exchange program in 1970. It's a cute bungalow which I am sure has changed quite a bit over the years.


Lunch was avocado toast and the rest of the lentil soup and I started to watch some of the Olympics but nothing really interested me so I started the final season of Bosch on Prime Video. So far, it's one of the best seasons.  Around 2:00, I strapped my bike onto my car and drove to Chautauqua Estates, just outside the Chautauqua Institution, parked my car and rode my bike to the ticket office, picked up a destination pass, with two intentions.  One, to pick up a ticket for a Friday class a friend of mine has been teaching during the week.  Secondly, I was going to attend a discussion by Frederic Bachman, the novelist, of A Man Called Ove and Anxious People which was scheduled for 3:30.  Well, first of all, I found I could not purchase a single ticket for the class but would have to pay for the entire week.  So I forgot about that.  I then noticed nobody was walking towards the Ampitheater, checked with an information booth only to find out the lecture was via video because of Covid concerns.  Strike two.  So I managed my pique and spent the next half hour riding my bike around the CI, then heading home.  Evie was relaxing in the yard, giggled when I told her about my snafus, and suggested we go for a boat ride.  So we did, a good way to relax after a frustrating afternoon.  It was windy but soothing as the temperature was in the high '70s and we needed to put up the bimini top to escape the sun.  After our cruise, we relaxed on the dock and I went for a swim, wondering why I don't swim more often.  It felt so good, especially to dry off in the sun.


A View Of Evie's Garden

Dinner was more chili, this time Cinncinatti chili, with chickpea noodles, topped with cheese and sour cream, and a salad with cucumbers/avocado dressing.  Yum.  We have been wanting to rewatch the film Philadelphia and loved it, so emotional, two Academy Award-winning performances by Tom Hanks and Denzel Washington, and two great songs, The Streets Of Philadelphia by Bruce and Philadelphia by Neil Young. Watch it if you haven't, again if you have.  It's one of the best films from the '90s. We ended the night with an exciting volleyball match between the US and Turkey.  The US dominated the first two games, the Turks the next two, and the US squeaked out a victory in the fifth game, 15-12.  We had a hard time deciding who we wanted to win as both teams were so amazing. 

Hawaiian Dahlias


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...