Saturday, July 24, 2021

A Breezy And Sunny Morning

6:43

It's 9:00, the sun's reflection glimmering on the lake's surface, as I start my blog.  I kayaked for close to an hour, talked with weekend paddlers Jim and Tina before heading back to our dock.

Kayak Morning

Into The Sun






Friday was another good day for one reason; there was nothing we had to do, no yoga, no shopping, no housework, only what we wanted.  What a luxury.  So after kayaking and the blog, I decided to get out my bike and drive over to Bemus for a ride.  It was a good day for it, a nice breeze, just enough to keep me from getting too warm as I rode to Long Point State Park.  Once there, the trees kept me cool as I biked through the bumpy paths out to the tip of Long Point. I was out for an hour, my usual time and I looked forward to coming home and having a lunch of lentil soup and corn on the cob. 

Biking Long Point

Long Point January

While I was gone, Evie was in her garden, doing some weeding, getting rid of beetles, making sure everything looked healthy.  When I finished lunch, I started a new novel, Norwegian Night by Derek Miller, and napped while Evie went out to enjoy the sun on our dock.  I joined her around 3:00 and by 4:00, we were off on a cruise, to Bemus Point and beyond the bridge, then home on a busy lake as everyone seemed to either be out on their boat or on their dock, enjoying the great afternoon, of blue skies, puffy clouds, and a nice breeze. 

7:00

By 6:00, we were on our porch enjoying happy hour as the lake traffic settled down.  For dinner, I grilled a steak and Evie sauteed some mushrooms, made a salad and we had a good dinner.  We watched Colbert, some home improvement shows, then another episode of Working Wives which we are quickly losing interest in. Bed sounded good so we went up by 10:00.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...