Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Winter Worsens

8:06

Another gray morning, a chilly 24º, with no sleet insight,  Yesterday was ugly, a mix of rain and sleet much of the day, keeping us inside because of the slush and wintry mix.  The temperature rose into the upper 30's during the day, then dropped to the 20's overnight. 

Where's The Sweet Spot?

Because of the weather, as I mentioned above, we were unable to walk or ski.  Around 9:00, I received a call from Spectrum Eyecare that my new lenses was ready, so I quickly grabbed my keys and drove into Jamestown, and got my lenses.  It took ten minutes and I was on my way home, the roads, fortunately, wet not icy. Evie had an appointment with her hairdresser Jaret at 1:00, so when I returned home, she left because she wanted to get in a big shopping day before Jaret.

So I was home alone for a couple of hours.  Since it was not yet lunchtime when I returned and it was too wet to get outside, I practiced Yoga With Adrienne for the first time in a couple of weeks.  It felt good although I am out of shape and need to be more consistent. Lunch was heating up the leftover pork and sauerkraut from Sunday and I started a new show called Shooter on Netflix.  I am not sure yet whether I like it or not,  It reminds me of the Jason Bourne films.  After the episode, I relaxed with my book, White Nights.  I tried to nap and maybe fell asleep for ten or fifteen minutes.  

Around 3:00, Evie drove in and I helped her put away the groceries, then went out and did some shoveling of the snow/ice off or our brick walk.  It may make it safe for a few hours before the temperature drops again and it ices up.  Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters at 5:00 and we didn't get to dinner until 6:30.  Earlier, I had cleaned some brussels sprouts and washed some potatoes before baking them.  Along with a salad we had a rotisserie chicken dinner around 7:00, easy and always good.  We were not sure what to watch as usual so I suggested the Tiger Woods documentary on HBO.  We enjoyed it and saved the second episode for tonight. The first episode chronicles his amazing rise, the second, I assume, is about his fall.  We ended the night with a couple of Midnight Diner episodes and Better Things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...