Thursday, January 14, 2021

Not A Day To Remember

On Thin Ice

9:40

It's 7:15 and darkness is just beginning to fade on 34º morning of light rain.  I have an eye appointment at 8:00 so I will be off to Jamestown soon.  Yesterday was a sad day for America in that the President, rightly, was impeached for the second time.  I am not optimistic, however,  about the Senate voting to support the impeachment.  And so it goes.  It's almost 10:00 as I finish this up, having had my appointment and found out I am a candidate for cataract surgery.  Ah, Age!



Yesterday was not a typical day for me although we did get in a walk late morning along Webb's Trail in Mayville.  As always, it felt good to be outside in the cold air, the path bordered by trees, a former railroad track.  We were out an hour before heading home where I had an egg sandwich, with cheddar and tomatoes, getting me ready for my afternoon at the dentist  At 1:00, I  sat down in the dentist chair to have a tooth pulled, an implant put in for a crown in a couple of months.  It went well, fortunately, and I was out within the hour, with minimum bleeding,  


When I returned home at 2:15 I was tired from getting up so early and the worry about getting an implant so I took a good nap, not getting up until 3:30.  I then read some and also watched the process to impeach the President, enjoying the Republicans call for unity after four years of division and polarity, a result of the President about to be impeached,  

Last Night's Dinner

Late afternoon, Evie made an interesting and new dinner, a spaghetti pie with fontina, pecorino, and broccolini.  We were not sure what to expect but it cut nicely and we both really loved it,  It's a tasty vegetarian dish, worth making every couple of weeks  We watched Colbert, Hometown and finished The Looming Tower on Hulu.  We were not invested in the series despite the fact that it was about the screw-ups that led to 9/11.  We were happy to see it over with,  disliking most of the characters, finding them cliches and overdone.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...