Wednesday, January 6, 2021

A Peachy Morning In America

 

Georgia Rocks

Another gray morning outside, a much more optimistic and happy morning inside as my faith in America is restored.  It's 32º out, a slight wind, with little in the way of sun or snow in the forecast for the next week.  I kayaked for 20 minutes but it was too windy to really enjoy so I stayed along Woodlawn and Victoria. 

7:32

7:53

Tuesday was a busy day for both of us although we never did get in a walk, alas.  That was mostly because I had a dentist appointment at 11:00, screwing up a morning walk.  I left early in fact and stopped at Lakewood Apothecary to pick up a few things for Evie, then the can man, the bank, and Evans Libations before the dentist.  After the dentist, I did a quick run through a busy Tuesday at Wegman's.

Kayak Morning

We had been talking about chocolate cakes so I decided to surprise Evie with chocolate cupcakes.  When I walked in, however, she was in the process of making a chocolate cake, a surprise for me.  We froze the cupcakes for another time so we could enjoy the cake over the next couple of days.  I watched an episode of Deadwood while enjoying the last of the squash galette and a bowl of potato and leek soup.  I finished my book, Homeland Elegies, started another only to realize I had read it before so I downloaded another, by a writer I had never heard of, Driftless, by David Rhodes.  

YUM

After falling asleep while reading my new novel, I woke to the aroma of a baked cake being frosted.  Ten minutes later I was enjoying my first piece of chocolate cake, something I had been wanting for days.  It was as good as I thought it would be.  Once the cake was done, Evie relaxed until it was time for a Zoom call with her sisters.  I read and enjoyed a glass of wine while Evie talked until 6:15.

While she was on the phone, Shake N Bake chicken legs were baking in the oven, our dinner, along with my sister Linda's coleslaw, an easy and different dinner.  We watched some of the election results until it became too repetitive and watched a bad movie on Netflix called Unknown, with Liam Neeson.  We should have known it would involve violence and bad guys and silly car chases. We ended the night with Schitt's Creek (still not onto it) and Midnight Diner before returning to the election results in Georgia, close but still too close to call. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...