Friday, January 15, 2021

A Windy Morning In The 30's

7:35

8:00

It's no longer dark, as the sky and lake have lightened, the wind blowing the flag madly.  I have been up since 6:00, occasionally listening to the chatter on Morning Joe, mostly reading the morning papers.  I so am tired of politics, both politicians and pundits.  It's as if nothing else matters in the world.

Woodlawn 

Bald Eagles

Yesterday began early for me with an eye appointment at 8:00.  After the appointment, I ran into Aldi's because the parking lot was practically empty and picked up a few things for the week.  I was home by 9:30 and wrote the blog and had it posted by 10:00.  Evie had been busy because we were having Linda and Ron over for dinner.  What started out as a simple dinner ended up being much more complicated and time-consuming than usual.  Anyways, the moussaka was practically made as was the dessert, a galaktoboureko, a Greek/Turkish dessert.  We were planning on a walk but Evie decided it would be too much so I walked the Victoria/Woodlawn woods for the first time in a while.  The roads, even the paths were icy so I stayed on the grass and leaves when possible.  It felt good to be back in the woods and I was amazed at all the deadfall from the past couple of months, even blocking the path.  

Victoria Woods


Chautauqua Lake

Lunch was the leftover spaghetti pie, still excellent despite being at room temperature.  I continued with my series, Deadwood, and my book by Michael Connelly.  The afternoon went quickly, as I read, napped, and helped with the dishes while Evie finished up the prepping for our dinner.  

Late Afternoon

By 5:30, we were both showered and ready for a fun night.  Linda and Ron arrived at 6:00 and I had our new favorite cocktail ready, whiskey sours.  We enjoyed them in the living room along with baked zucchini with bread crumbs and parmesan, a nice change from cheese and crackers.  Dinner was Greek, a delicious moussaka, with a salad and rolls.  

Our Bubble Buddies

We ended the evening in the living room with the galaktoboureko for dessert and a small glass of Metaxa, a Greek brandy. They left by 9:30 and Evie and I then spent the next 20 minutes doing the dishes and cleaning up the kitchen, a process that seems the proper end to the evening. We watched some TV, mostly the news, before going up to bed where I finished my novel.  The Law Of Innocence was not one of my favorite Michael Connelly books, alas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...