Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Warming Up And Sunny


6:20

6:21

6:21

6:22

6:23
I have been up since 6:00 and it's now 6:40, both Evie and the sun are up, the outside temperature is still cool, 41º, chilly for a kayak paddle but later, it should get into the 70's.  And MSNBC and other networks are talking about General Kelly calling Trump an idiot for about the tenth time.  Get a life.

I was out for close to an hour th morning, kayaking to Sandy Bottom, across to Long Point and home to Woodlawn.  Not much waterfowl out this morning, at least I did not see them other than the few below I was able to photograph.

A Flitty Spotted Sandpiper

A Male Mallard
Yesterday was cooler than expected but a great day, blue skies, lots of sun, a day we wanted to be outside.  I started the day kayaking at 7:00, the best start to a day.  I was out for close to an hour and returned for breakfast and to finish my blog.  I went to yoga, determined to stick with it, a good Yin Yoga class and crowded.  Afterward, I stopped at Ryders Cup, then drove to Home Depot and picked up a new rake as my old one broke in half while raking some gravel.  I then did a quick run through Wegman's, picking up a few things since we have not been shopping since Friday.

Common Merganser
I was home by 12:30 and Evie had been busy in the house.  We were not sure about lunch, chili or cauliflower soup, so we decided to keep the chili for tonight's dinner and Evie toasted a couple of cheese sandwiches to go along with the soup.  I finished a Jack Taylor and started another, both seem familiar because I have read a couple of the novels.  After a short nap, I decided to get outside and Evie joined me and we went out on the dock to enjoy some sun despite the cool temperatures and the wind.  We lasted about a half an hour but both of us could feel the beginning of an authentic spring, a whiff of summer. Skip, the fish guy at Hogan's said because of the bluebird skies and high pressure, the fish were not biting.  He was right as I got nary a nibble when I wet my line for about ten minutes.

Around 4:30, while Evie began to prep dinner, I walked through Victoria and up to Chestnut Hill, the bed and breakfast about a half mile away.  As I looked around, a car drove up, the owner, Jeff Claybaugh, from Buffalo and we had a nice chat.  He lives in Buffalo and has developed the property, fixing up Chestnut Hill, the cottage in front and recently bought a house on Victoria Road which he is fixing up.  A nice guy, we would like to get to know him better.

Woodlawn/Victoria In The Afternoon Light
While I was ambling along, taking a few photographs of the afternoon, Evie was prepping our dinner.  The NYTimes had an interesting chicken marsala with mushrooms on polenta, so she decided it would be worth trying.  So after some wine time, she sauteed the chicken, added the mushrooms and marsala wine, having made the polenta into a log earlier in the afternoon.  She also sauteed spinach, topped it with the polenta, then added the chicken breasts and mushrooms and sauce.  We both enjoyed it and thought it was similar to Evie's chicken, mushrooms, and artichokes.  It was good but not special enough to make again.  We watched two more tension-filled episodes of Doctor Foster, have two to go.  At least she now has her son Tom back with her and they have decided to move away from her ex-husband -- or so we think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...