Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Distant Thunder And Rain

5:45

6:05

6:47

6:50
It's 6:30 and I have been up since 5:45, listening to the rain, thunder and seeing flashes of lightning.  It's still overcast, with more thunderstorms predicted.  We must have gotten a half an inch of rain but the birds don't seem to mind as their sounds are filling the morning air.  Just as I thought I might be able to sneak in a paddle, the sky has darkened and it started to rain at 6:45.  Later? Yep, it's 8:50 and I just got back from kayaking.  As I was taking photographs along Long Point, I witnessed what I thought was a log but it seemed to be moving.  It was a diving muskrat, desperate to get away from me. 

A Gray Kayak Morning

Hooded Mergansers

Muskrat Ramble
Yesterday was a pleasant surprise as we expected clouds and perhaps rain most of the day but by 2:30 it cleared up and it became a fine spring day, blue skies, sun, temperatures in the high 60's.  I kayaked before yoga, a cloudy, overcast morning but no rain.  We finished the blog and I drove off to Yin Yoga, again a class overflowing with ladies and moi.  I wonder if my being there inhibits the group? After class, I stopped for a coffee, then drove to KMart, next to Wegmans, walked in to see if there was anyone in the store.  I was one of maybe five people, no cashiers, a few employees.  It's crazy that Bon Ton closes but Kmart stays open.  I did find a bargain, two-cycle oil for my boat at a reduced price. I then did a quick shopping at Wegman's, picking up some salmon for dinner and a few other things, eighty bucks worth of other things. 

When I got home, Evie drove off to PT in Mayville so I put away the groceries and heated up lunch, the leftover hamburger stroganoff.   Of course, as a leftover, it tasted better than when we had it for dinner.  I finished up a Jack Taylor, started another, just as Evie arrived home.  She relaxed in the TV room, then started work on the Shutterfly album and is almost finished.

After my brief nap, I decided to get some things done outside because it had cleared up.  I trimmed some of the wild growth among our privets, gathering enough so I had to make another trip up the hill to the wood pile.  I then decided to cut our neighbor's lawn and Evie went out on the dock to enjoy some sun.  I joined her halfway through the cutting and it was delightful, lying on the dock and soaking up the sun.  We both thought we should have been out cruising in our boat. Evie went in to start putting together dinner and I finished up the lawn, proud of myself for getting things done in the afternoon, rather than reading on the couch which is my typical routine. 

We had our typical salmon dinner of rice, spinach,  and salad, what's becoming our comfort food.  It's healthy and tasty and sometimes, not last night, we have enough to make a salmon salad for lunch the next day.  We watched BILLIONS, a good episode finally, then the next episode of SAFE which is getting more complicated, thus more interesting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...