Thursday, May 31, 2018

Kayaking In The Rain

6:10

7:30 Down Pour
Up at 5:45 to a cloudy sky, a light wind, a choppy lake.  No rain overnight although it was predicted.  The unseasonably warm weather continues as it's already 72º at 6:30.  Maybe we will have a break when/if it rains.  Well, it rained, just as I went out kayaking at 6:45, a light rain albeit a rain that by the time I returned at 7:30 has soaked me through.  It was great, loved it.

A Wet Kayak Morning
Yesterday was back to normal, an early morning kayak, a leisurely morning until 9:30 when I left for a yoga class.  It's always a good class but not that well attended and I cannot figure out why.  Jen is one of the most experienced and versatile teachers, yet her classes never match those of Yin Yoga, no doubt a less vigorous class.  And usually, the same five or six people attend.

After class, I stopped at Ryders Cup to pick up some eggs, returned used egg cartons and get a coffee. I then drove to Walmart to return an umbrella and stand which did not work for us out on the dock. I then stopped at Tri James, to pay for some gravel.  The guy at the pit charged me three bucks a bucket; the gal at Tri James 50 cents.  I think the pit guy ripped me off and I cannot wait to go back.  The road to and from yoga has been torn up the last two weeks so there's one-way traffic for a good part of it.

When I arrived home, I passed Evie on the way as she was off to another PT class.  She had made me not only a lemon pound cake which I saw on the NYTimes website yesterday morning, but some tuna fish for lunch, so I had that along with a bagel and pickles for lunch.  Yum.  I started watching a recent film called ANON.  It's interesting, set in the future, where there is no privacy.  No one has privacy, everything is recorded except for one person who happens to be a serial killer.  Wouldn't you just know.  I watched half, enjoying some pound cake for dessert.

Evie stopped at Tops after PT, picked up a few things and arrived home around 2:30.  It was too windy despite the heat to enjoy the dock, as we had an unusually strong southeasterly wind most of the day.  We did not do much the rest of the day, other than try to find a cool spot near a fan the rest of the afternoon.  I did do some yard work for about 15 minutes but the 88º degree heat was too much.

Around 5:00, we decided to go to the Viking for 'Wings And Things,' so we both took showers to cool off and drove over around 6:00.  We once again were able to find a seat at the bar.  Just as we were finishing our first beer, our friends, Linda and Ron walked in, so we joined them outside on the patio for dinner.  It was a pleasant night to be outside, the wind had died, the beer was cold, the wings were hot so we were happy.  We stayed until 8:30 when we both headed home happy with our evening out.  We had time to watch a silly episode of STRIKING OUT.  We hope it gets better.  We wanted to stay up and watch the last episode of THE AMERICANS but decided to keep it for tonight, hoping to avoid any spoilers in print or on the radio.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...