Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Waiting For The Showers


7:37
I was up at 5:45 to another gray, overcast morning, with more showers to come.  We received hardly enough rain last night to measure.  It's 59º and looks like a good day to stay inside and read, take it easy after yesterday's marathon.  It's 7:50 and I managed to get in a half hour of paddling before the rains came, but I was lucky to follow a heron and get his photograph.  He was the only bird I saw as most of the migrating birds have left the lake for the North.

Kayak Morning


A Hungry Great Blue Heron
I began yesterday too early, a habit lately, getting up at 5:30 as the morning light arrives earlier each day.  I was not sure if I could get in a paddle because it was so foggy but by 7:00, I could make out Long Point so I was able to get out and find a heron to photograph.  It made my morning.  After breakfast and finishing the blog, I drove to Lakewood, forgetting there was road work so I made it to yoga just in time to find a place for my mat in a very crowded class.  Yin Yoga was great, as I felt good stretching and holding positions which is not always the case.  I then stopped for a coffee, picked up eggs and dropped off a return for Amazon.  Evie wanted more mulch so I parked at Home Depot and picked up four more bags which should do it.  I ended my morning shopping at Wegman's, picking up a few staples we had run out of, like bananas and French Vanilla Ice Cream. 

When I got home, Evie had put together some tuna fish with mayo for my bagel.  She was off to Mayville for another bout of PT.  I watched some of the NBA game but soon lost interest, picked up my book, read for a bit and took a cat nap.  Evie returned around 1:30 and promptly went out to the dock to enjoy the afternoon sun, a smart move. Our grass was getting overgrown from all the rain, so I fired up our mower and spent forty-five minutes giving it a trim.  I then joined Evie for a half hour but got bored, so I went in, fired up the mower and cut our neighbor's yard. By the time I finished, I had worked up quite a sweat so I put on my bathing suit and went or a quick dip in the cold, cold lake.

We both left the dock around 5:00 and Evie quickly put together four chicken thighs of lemon chicken and put them in the oven to bake.  She then gathered some appetizers and libations and we went for a good hour boat ride over to Bemus Point, along Lakeside Drive and home, on a sunny blue sky, blue lake afternoon.  We are lucky to be able to enjoy the lake at this time of year.  When we returned, Evie made a salad, some rice, and cauliflower while I covered the boat and helped clean up the kitchen. We ate around 7:00, one of our go-to meals over the years, lemon chicken with rice.  We watched the usual line up of shows, Colbert, Billions, some of the Cavs game and the news.  By 10:00, I was exhausted from my busy day so I went upstairs to read and quickly fell asleep.  Evie soon followed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...