Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Ah Spring!

6:14

6:15

6:18

6:19
Up at 6:00, to a clear, light blue sky and a sunrise at 6:25.  It's a perfect morning, no wind, sunshine, a calm lake, and a crisp but pleasant 53º. And I put my boat in this morning at 8:00.  Can't wait to cruise the lake. 

Yesterday was another day filled with sun and it's hard to believe that we went through a tough winter with a couple hundred inches of snow and a late Spring.  I was not sure whether I was going to yoga or putting in my boat.  But I did not get a call about the boat, so I drove off to yoga at 9:00 and, of course, Evie received a call just after I left wondering if I wanted to put in my boat.  That's why it's going in this morning.  Yin yoga was crowded,  twenty-three women and me, but a good class.  Afterward, I stopped at Save A Lot because both of us had a hankering for breaded pork chops.  So I picked up a package, a few other items and drove home. 

For lunch, Evie had gotten out some of her veggie soup which she had frozen last week. After it heated up, I browned a couple of hot dogs and had lunch.  I slathered the dogs with Stadium Mustard of course.  I watched another episode of Jack Taylor and basketball until Evie left for a doctor's appointment in Mayville.  She suspected she had a sinus infection and she was right.  I am reading a new book, NEED TO KNOW by Karen Cleveland.  It's premise may seem bizarre but it works; the wife, a CIA agent discovers her husband of ten years is a Russian mole.  And so the story begins. 

After a short nap, I got on my waders and did some work on the dock, stapling more netting on the corners, in another futile effort to ward off the barn swallows.  I will not be defeated although I discovered one found a small hole this morning.  I also set up some of the ropes for my boat, making it easier to dock.  Evie returned home around 3:00, wrapped herself in a blanket and got out a chair to enjoy the sun.  Because of the wind, she had to set the chaise lounge up in the side yard where it was more comfortable. 

Earlier in the day, Evie had breaded the pork chops, so after a wine time, she browned the chops and then baked them in the oven along with some potatoes.  We had dinner around 6:30, the chops, potatoes and a salad.  We were hungry for the pork chops but they were so large that we ended up not going back for seconds.  We were not sure what to watch, so we tried a Netflix series, FAUDA but did not much like it, so I suggested a film I had read good thing about and it got five stars, SING STREET, about a group of high school boys who form a band.  It was just what we needed, a feel-good movie, great songs, a heartwarming story, set in Ireland in a Catholic boys' school. We highly recommend it, a perfect Saturday night film for the family.   It was written and directed by John Carney who also wrote and directed one of our favorite films, ONCE, also about a struggling musician.   We then watched the Cavs, as they whacked Toronto, won the series in four,  to the surprise of many fans.  Go Cavs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...