Thursday, May 17, 2018

A Curtain Of Fog



A New Sighting and Evie's New Favorite, A Yellow Warbler

6:00
It's 7:00 and I have been up for an hour, hoping for a break in the fog.  No luck, however, as I can hardly make out our dock.  It's 58º and will get up into the 70's later in the day, a good day to work outside and Evie already has her to do list made up.  And we finally got fed up with the MSNBC patter and put on classical music, a welcome relief.


A Rare Event, A Cardinal At Our Feeder

Springtime Goldfinch
Yesterday's paddle was surprisingly good, mostly because of the photographs I was able to get of the great blue herons and wood ducks, a good way to start my day.  After finishing the blog with Evie, I drove to Lakewood to yoga and again, I was the only guy in class.  What's with it, guys.  I am beginning to think I'm a sissy (a good old 1950's word), the only guy who likes/enjoys yoga.  After class I came straight home because I was feeling a bit off, something yoga usually cures but not yesterday.

Looking For Breakfast
When I returned home, Evie was ready to drive off to Mayville for an hour of PT.  It seems to be helping some so she will stick with it for another week or two despite the somewhat brusque manner of her therapist.  I did not feel like leftovers for once so I made myself a menemen, scrambled eggs, tomatoes and crumbled feta cheese and toasted a bagel.  It was just what I needed although it did not take away the pain of watching the Cavs lose again to the Celtics despite a heroic performance by Lebron.  I then took a good nap, actually going upstairs and fell asleep reading. 

When I woke, around 2:30, I felt better and went out and joined Evie on our dock.  She was enjoying another sunny and pleasant afternoon on the lake, taking advantage of every nice day we have in May.  I soon got bored and fired up the lawn mower and cut the lawn.  It takes a little over a half hour if I don't stop for a break which I did a couple of times.  Cutting the lawn is one way to make Evie happy, especially if she can do the mowing; she loves a nicely turned out lawn.  When Evie had enough sun, we did some transplanting before coming in and getting ready to go out for dinner.

Golden Sunset Over the Bridge
We decided to go to our favorite Wednesday night eatery, the Viking Club.  Obviously, lots of other Vikings had the same idea as the parking lot was crowded and people were sitting outside eating and drinking on the patio for the first time this spring.  We found seats at the bar and Evie quickly went to the counter to order our dinner because there was a long line of people waiting to order.  We probably sat at the bar for over an hour, talking with various Vikings, enjoying our Rueben sandwiches with chips.  People seemed happier than usual, most likely because of the warm weather and beautiful setting sun.  We were both tired so we did not linger and were home by 8:15, in time to watch our usuals, Colbert and an episode of SAFE on Netflix which is getting more and more ridiculous.  I realize life is trouble but this is too much, too coincidental.

A Bit Of Nostalgia:

Didyma, Turkey, Spring, 1971

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...