Friday, May 11, 2018

Some Sun, Some Clouds, But Chilly


6:04

6:06

6:10
A cloudy morning with occasional breaks of sun.  The wind's up, the lake's ruffled and it's 41º, as the week has cooled off some.  It looks like a sunny but cool day, with the rains coming in tomorrow and perhaps Sunday.  I was reluctant to sally forth into the wavy lake but by the time I got out in the middle, it calmed down and it was smooth paddling for the rest of the time.  Not much to see, a few mallards and I chased a pair of wood ducks into the woods.


Tally Ho
Clearing Up
Yesterday was another delightful spring day, lots of sunshine, in the 70's, a good day to be outside.  I
had breakfast with the guys at 8:00, almost a full house.  Lots of laughs, a good way to start the day.  Afterward, I hurriedly finished up the blog so I could be off to yoga by 9:35.  Yin Yoga is always crowded so it's good to get there early so I can find a place.  In fact, Danielle asked us to pre-register because she is limiting the class to 35 because of space concerns. I stopped at Ryder's after class, got my first iced coffee of the year, then went to Home Depot to pick up some mulch, stopped at Harbor Freight and found a wheel for my old wheelbarrow, then came home.  

A Pair of Male Mallards
Evie had gone to Mayville, to physical therapy, so I had the quiet house to myself, a strange feeling.  I heated up the leftover vegetable soup and had the last pork chop, this time with some Dijon mustard.  I watched basketball and Jack Taylor and just as I finished lunch, Evie returned home,  She has decided to continue with PT for another couple of weeks.  We both relaxed until 3:00 when we decided to get some work done outside.  I set up a table and chair in the sun and Evie spent the next hour and a half potting dahlias in plastic yogurt containers. We may have bought too many bulbs as we must have close to thirty plants.  I worked some enlarging the space around our two young trees and mulching them.  

We decided to go out for dinner, mostly because we wanted to try the new restaurant in Bemus, at the Bemus Point Golf Club.  It was bought by Southern Tier Brewery last fall, was renovated over the winter and opened on Wednesday.  Needless to say, it was packed with golfers and the curious just like us.  They have about twenty microbrews on tap, lots of tables, and a mostly burger and fries menu.  We were lucky enough to get a seat at the bar, next to two acquaintances because they also have breakfast at the Bemus Point Inn on Thursday mornings. 

Enjoying A Brew With Pete and Dalton
We got to talking and both were Miami University graduates, both graduated in the mid 60's like me, and we found that not only were we brothers in the bond (Phi Delta Theta), but we knew people in common.  It was fun talking with both of them since they grew up in Jamestown and have lived here most of their lives.  We had a burger and fries, what else, and ended up talking to the owner and he was curious if we enjoyed our evening.  We were impressed that he was looking for feedback and suggestions from customers.  We will go back but we will more likely stick with our old standby, the Seezurh House. We were home just before 8:00, in time to watch another episode of The Americans, then Colbert before going up to bed to read.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...