Wednesday, May 23, 2018

A Veil Of Fog And Humid (95%)

A Noble Bird

Kayak Morning
It's just about 7:00, and I have been up for an hour waiting for the gray sky to change.  No luck so far as the light fog, like gauze, blurs the shoreline.  A heron walked by our front yard, his head sticking above the wall.  I scared him away when I walked outside, but I was able to get a few photos of him a few docks from ours. None were blog worthy, as Evie would say, as the camera was unable to focus became of the distinctness, the gray of the water, sky, and heron.


Blurry Photos Look Like Paintings
Yesterday morning was similar to this morning, a haze obscuring the clarity of morning.  And I assume that despite the drizzle, the fog, I will get out on the lake sometime this morning before I head to yoga. I did go to yoga yesterday, a beginning class, perfect for me because I still, after seven years, consider myself a neophyte.  It differs from other classes only in that Julie sometimes has to take time to help a newcomer.  After class, I stopped to get some gas and beer, an unusual combination I suppose...a  Facebook post: "Is it beer o'clock yet?'

I was home by noon and Evie had been busy, of course, and I was already hungry.  She had my lunch out, ready to microwave, the leftover lemon chicken, and rice.  I watched Jack Taylor with my lunch, and Evie spent part of the afternoon talking with our daughters, Beth and Jill.  Both are doing well and all of us are trying to finalize when all three families visit this summer.  Mid-afternoon, Evie convinced me to call the doctor's office to see if I could get in that afternoon. I had what looked like a boil on my back and she thought I should see a PA.  I was able to get an appointment, drove to Mayville, and ended up getting a shot of novocaine and a slicing and draining of the growth. It was probably a good thing I listened to my wife. 

When I returned home, the kitchen smelled amazing, as Evie was putting together the wine, shallot, and garlic sauce for our dinner of linguini and scallops.  Once the sauce was made, we sat down to enjoy a glass of wine, listen to the news, and talk.  Around 6:30, Evie added the pre-seared scallops, boiled the linguini and made a salad.   The scallops were amazing, the sauce the best ever, no exaggeration.  We watched a movie, THE DARKEST HOUR, about Winston Churchill's decision to go to war with Hitler and rescue 300,000 British soldiers from Dunkirk.  Gary Oldham played Churchill, won the Academy Award for Best Actor for his performance.  Neither one of us were overwhelmed by the movie or by his performance.  His speeches, for me, were not compelling, did not move me.  I thought John Lithgow as Churchill in THE CROWN was more authentic, a curmudgeon but convincing.

New Think:  Why Trump Calls The News Fake: 'You know why I do it? I do it to discredit you all and demean you all so that when you write negative stories about me no one will believe you.'"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...