Thursday, May 24, 2018

Here Comes Summer


5:55

6:02

6:03

6:10
I was up at 5:35 with plenty of time to see the first sunrise at 6:00, on the first clear morning since May 9th.  That tells you how foggy or cloudy it has been over the past few weeks.  Not a cloud mars this morning's sky, as the sun fills the lake with its reflection.  I want to get out there and kayak even though it's 6:35.  And I am back, from a glorious paddle, a calm, empty lake, just me, the sky, the water and the sun.

Kayak Morning

Like Icarus, Paddling Toward The Sun
Spring Green On The Lake

Mallards
Yesterday was the first time I really felt that summer was on the way.  Our trees, in our front yard, have finally turned green, the leaves bursting, and the drive down to Woodlawn is a tunnel of green.  Yesterday was typical so I won't go into much of the boring detail, just an early paddle, then yoga, and home to the lake, blue skies, and sunshine.  Evie left for PT at 12:15, and I had a healthy lunch of a couple of Sahlen hotdogs.  I watched Houston defeat Golden State before taking a cat nap and doing some reading.

Evie was back by 1:30 and eventually went out to enjoy the sun.  I don't blame her; take advantage of the warm spring days before it gets too hot.  I donned my shorts, white socks, and tennis shoes and cut the lawn which needed it.  I then joined Evie and we came in around 5:00, to get showers because we were going out to dinner with our neighbors, Barb and Jim.

Wing Night With Jim And Barb
We picked them up at 6:30 and drove off to Steener's Irish Pub in Greenhurst, a bar which is fast becoming our go-to place, like the Seezurh House.  It was wing night so all four of us ordered grilled wings, with various sauces.  They were great, the reason we go, and Labatt's cans were only two fifty, so we got out of there for under 30 bucks.  Wow.  By the time we left, it was crowded and noisy as the Sabres fans were there to watch hockey on the big screen TV.

We were home by 8:45, full and happy after a fun night out with friends. We were able to watch a Colbert and some news before bedtime, much desired. We both needed a good sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...