Friday, May 4, 2018

Morning Drizzle


7:35

Kayaking On A Cloudy Morning
The weather gods seem reluctant to let it rain around here.  Lots of forecasts but hardly enough rain to wet our brick walk.  As my friend James Lovett would say, "it's' a rain that wets only fools."   It's overcast, 63º, a wrinkled lake, a changing sky.  Ten minutes ago, I was ready to go out and kayak but now,  the sky is darkening, the drizzle is beginning. 

Yesterday began with breakfast in Bemus Point with the guys.  And for once, all seven of us made it, three back from Florida, the rest of us mostly consistent regulars.  For an hour, we have lots of laughs, no politics, mostly the going on in our lives.  We usually are there for an hour and I have to hurry home, finish the blog, then drive to Lakewood for Yin Yoga at 10:00, always a crowded class.  We worked on our backs and hips, which I liked, so I felt good after class.  I then drove to three different stores, looking for some cheap plastic netting.  We are having problems with barns swallows building nests under our dock.  I am hoping the netting will discourage them, send them off to other more desirable nesting spots.  They can become a real nuisance, especially when they have chicks, dive bombing us when we are walking on the dock. 

5:45
I didn't get home until afternoon, time for lunch.  I finished off the last of the cauliflower soup and then had a toasted bagel with peanut butter.  I watched a few minutes of the NBA playoffs before finishing a Jack Taylor and starting a new episode. I think I have already watched or read the first three because they seem familiar.  Not sure which.  After lunch, I read some, AFTER THE FALL by the enormously talented Noah Hawley.  He has published four books and was the creator/writer of FX's series FARGO and the new series LEGION.  Around 6:00, the sun appeared, lighting up both Tom's Point, Bemus Bay, and Long Point briefly, before the clouds took over again. 

Bemus Bay and Samuelson Farm
There was no cooking as we were going out to dinner, first with our neighbors, who then asked if we could go out on Friday instead, and then with Linda and Ron at 6:15.  So after a leisurely afternoon inside because of the overcast skies, we drove over to the Seezurh House for dinner.  The bar and front porch had lots of action, the dining tables not much as we were the only ones eating dinner in the barroom.  We ordered the ribeye special and it was special.  We loved it, perfectly done, tasty and tender, a deal for 12.99, with salad and potato.  We stayed until 8:00, occasionally watching the Cavs and Lebron destroy Toronto.  I thought I would be home in time to see the last few minutes but we were too late.  Lebron had another monster game.  So we watched some Colbert, then another episode of THE AMERICANS before bed.  We both are really curious about how THE AMERICANS will finish up their series. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...