Monday, May 14, 2018

On The Lake Alone


8:30
Woodlawn And Victoria In The Morning
It's another quiet morning on the lake.  I slept in till 6:30 but no matter, as there was no evidence of a sunrise, just a lighter shade of gray.  The lake is fetching this morning, hardly a shimmer, lots of reflections of the budding trees.  I am tired but I cannot wait to get out and kayak. And it was it, a perfectly calm lake, like paddling in oil and best of all, I was a solitary boater.

Long Point Begins To Fill Out
Reflections

A Few Mergansers Remain
Yesterday was like Saturday, gray skies, an occasional drip of water.  I did get a nice long paddle in around 9:00, a good start to an otherwise boring day.  The morning flew by, perhaps because I paddled later than usual.  Before I knew it, Evie was up making our big breakfast even though it was Mother's Day.  What a bad boy I am.  Anyways, we had loads of hash browns topped with a couple of eggs and watched part of CBS Sunday Morning.

The rest of the day was uneventful.  Evie continues to be consumed by the making of a Shutterfly photo album, spending part of the morning and most of the afternoon in between phone calls from the kids, picking out photos, tweaking them,  organizing them on a Shutterfly page, then reorganizing them.  She has the patience of Job, the need for perfection.  I, on the other hand,  did little productive, watched part of the Cavs debacle, as they were destroyed by the Celtics.  I am also into the newest Bernie Gunther book, GREEKS BEARING GIFTS.  This is book ten or eleven.  And I made a stab at organizing the shelves in my garage.  Like most areas, it's a spot to put something which doesn't have a place.  So the shelves end up crowded and when I go to get something, things fall off, etc.  This happens every year, so because of the crummy weather,  I worked in my garage, actually throwing away some things.

Sunday Dinner, Again
Around 6:00, we drove over to Linda and Ron's, our good friends, to celebrate Mother's Day.  It certainly made Evie's day to go out to dinner.  For some reason, we sat around their kitchen before dinner, talking, sipping beers, and nibbling on crackers and cheese.  Around 7:00, Ron went out and grilled some lamb chops as Linda got the rest of dinner ready.  Nothing like a good lamb chop, baked potatoes, and salad.  I forgot the peas, which I don't usually care about but these had shallots and browned bits of pancetta.  Yum.  We relaxed in the living room after dinner, had a tasty dessert, sort of a lemon curd, then helped them with their TV, figuring out how they can use Amazon Prime.  We left for home around 9:30, waddled out to the car from all the good food, but happy.  It was a fun evening.  We were home by 10:00, in time for our usual nighttime routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...