Thursday, May 3, 2018

A Changing Morning Sky


6:28

6:29

6:30

6:31

6:48

7:38
I could not begin to describe this morning's sky as the minute I look up, it's different from my last look, my last photograph.  I woke to gray, overcast, a sky suggesting rain.  Then, a break appeared in the clouds, some light showed through. And, finally, the sun began to peak out, then hide, then rise above the cloud bank, filling the lake with its rays but has now disappeared.  So what's the morning sky like?  Change.



Yesterday began with a long kayak paddle.  I started out with a fleece, but by the end, I wished I had left it at home.  Again, what a delicious way to start the day.  And the appearance of the first Baltimore oriole of spring made our morning.  Around 9:30, I drove to Lakewood, for yoga, then stopped at Save A Lot on the way home, to pick up a large jar of grape jam to fill our Baltimore Oriole feeders.  They love the stuff!



When I got home, I helped Evie put some of the porch furniture in the yard, as she wanted to vacuum the porch floor.  In other words, we think its warm enough to start thinking about bringing down our new porch cushions from the attic and getting it ready for a summer of friends and family.  For lunch, Evie heated up the chicken and mushroom marsala and served it over the leftover polenta.  I have to say it was tastier than the night we had it.  For some reason, I was lacking in mojo, so much so that I could hardly wait to take my nap.  Unfortunately, it was brief and I woke with little energy, just enough to make it through the afternoon.  I joined Evie on the dock for a bit but it was too hot for me, and I think that's my problem.  I am not used to this weather and it drains my mojo.  Evie, however, enjoyed sitting in the sun, soaking up the quiet lake,  relaxing on the dock for an hour or two.


Around 4:30, I forced myself to walk down Woodlawn to see the progress on our neighbor's house.  It's now eight feet above ground, with guys working underneath it, digging out an area so they can set up a sump pump and get rid of the standing water.  It's quite a job.


For dinner, we made the mistake of having Momma Mancini's meatballs and tomato sauce.  If you listen to Sirius Radio like us, you have been inundated with commercials for her meatballs.  So we thought we would try it, the best ever!  Well, they weren't and neither of us finished our dinners, sad to say.  We watched a recommended movie called THE FLORIDA PROJECT.  William Dafoe was up for an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor.  It's set in Florida, near Orlando and Disneyland, in a couple of down and out motels which serve families that use them as permanent residences.   Dafoe is the motel manager, responsible for the residents and motel upkeep.  The story follows the life of a young girl, probably eight years old, who lives with her single mother, who survives as a grifter, later as a prostitute.  It's not a very pretty picture of the life that some live and by the end, we were on edge knowing this would not have a fairytale ending.   The young girl is amazing, fun to watch, wonderfully creative in finding ways to play in a parking lot or field.   It's worth watching.


1 comment:

  1. I have never tried the meatballs, but I like the song on Sirius!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...