Friday, May 25, 2018

In The 80's For A Day Or Two


6:00

6:01
6:14

Amish Fishermen 
I was up at 5:30, in time to see the sunrise, the quiet before the storm of Memorial Day weekend.  It's a pleasant 53º out, as some cloud cover has just moved in, moderating the sun.  It looks like pleasant weather until Sunday when we may get some rain.

Kayaking Morning
We Love Wood Ducks

A Great Blue Heron
It's 8:20 and I just returned from a paddle of over an hour to Tom's Point and back along, Bootey and Wells Bay.  I was able to photograph the remaining ducks, the mallards and wood ducks, and a great blue heron so it was a good morning.

Bemus Point Bridge

A Willet

Mallards Cruising By
Yesterday was a spectacular spring day, starting with kayaking and then Yin yoga at 10:00.  I was lucky to find a spot because this class is popular.  I wanted to get home to enjoy the day but ended up dropping a return off at UPS and returning a couple of things at the hardware store.  When I arrived home, Evie was into a deep cleaning of our of the front porch, a sure sign that summer is coming.  We have not touched it since October.  By the time she was done the vacuuming and washing windows, it looked great, especially because we had new cushions made over the winter by an Amish upholsterer. 

For lunch, Evie made me a couple of toasted cheese and I made myself a bowl of ramen.  I then started the final episode of the Jack Taylor series and will finish it up today.  I am almost done with THE NINTH HOUR, thank goodness because it is a sad, tragic view of life even though it's setting is mostly among nuns, the Catholic church.  By 2:00, Evie was finished with most of what she wanted to do, so she was able to get outside and enjoy the sunshine.  I fixed my wheelbarrow, which needed a new front wheel and worked on getting the buoys set up to put in the lake to protect our swimming area. 

It was such a perfect afternoon that we wanted to go for a cruise.  Before we headed off, however, Evie marinated a few boneless chicken thighs in buttermilk, laced with siracha because we were having fried chicken for dinner.  We then gathered a couple of Yuenglings and pretzels, and cruised off for a tour of Bemus Bay.  We were out for a good hour, in no hurry to get home.  Around 6:30, we docked and Evie got busy in the kitchen, frying the chicken, making home fries, corn on the cob and a salad.  By 7:00, we were enjoying our version of Nashville's hot chicken.  It was great and I am sure we will be making it again. We are struggling to find a series to watch, so we ended up sticking with Colbert and Vice News with an occasional peek at the NBA playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...