Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Another Sunny One (Boats In)

6:12 

6:13

6:14

Kayaking at 7:18
I made it up just in time to watch the sunrise at 6:12, on another beautiful morning of cloudless skies, a hint of wind, and 55º.  I did notice one guy fishing, as the early bird catches the worm or in this case fish.  I cannot wait to get out and kayak.  Well, it's 8:15 and I am back, sitting on my couch, ready to finish the blog, download the photographs, and have Evie pick out the photos and proof it.

Wood Ducks Scurry Away

Ducky Duddle
Yesterday morning was a bit different, kind of nice.  Because I put my boat in at 8;15 from Prendergast Point, I skipped both an early morning paddle and yoga.  It felt good.  I was cruising the lake to our dock by 8:45, an easy launching.  I worked a bit on the ropes, making sure they were tight and would weather a storm.  And that was it; we are ready for summer.  Now all we need our grandchildren! Once I was done, I was strangely wiped out, basically from doing nothing, a result of a bad night of sleep I guess.

A Coupling Of Loud, Honking Canadian Geese

A Handsome Mallard
Evie left at 9:30 for a chiropractic appointment, then shopping at Wegman's, finishing the morning with a hair appointment at 1:00.  Meanwhile, I reluctantly rose from the couch and got two things done.  I finished the net around our dock, basically frustrating the barn swallows for good, I hope.  And I moved our boat closer to shore, connected two extension cords from the house to the boat, and vacuumed the boat, making sure its floor matching the brand new seat covers.  It sure looked spiffy by the time I was done.  Now we just have to keep it clean.

So that was about it for the day for me, hanging, reading, and watching some NBA playoffs.  I had lunch of leftover chicken tiki masala and it was better than the day we ate, the virtue of leftovers.  I took a cat nap and just as I woke, Evie drove in.  She went shopping to get a few things from Wegman's and an umbrella for our dock but came home with new plastic chairs and blackout curtains for our tv room.  I helped unload the car and put things away and we then decided to brave the wind and sit out on our dock, hoping the lake would calm down so we could go for a booze cruise.  No luck so we ended up having a glass of wine inside, as our dinner, a beef stew Evie made in the crockpot on Monday.  I forgot to mention that before we had our wine, Evie quickly put together some biscuits to go with our stew.

We ate around 6:30 and I would best describe out dinner as biscuits complimented by a tasty stew.  Homemade buttermilk biscuits always make a meal.  We had second and thirds of them.  We were not sure what to watch so we stuck with Colbert, some news then tried a new series on ACORN TV called KEEPING FAITH, about a woman whose husband disappears overnight.  We are not convinced yet that it's worth watching after two episodes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...