Saturday, May 5, 2018

A Fun Evening At Findley Lake



Fun To Meet Deb and Mark
Last night was special, an unexpected pleasure.  We left for dinner, with our neighbors, Ken and Marjorie, at 6:15.  We were going to a new restaurant on Findley Lake called Alexanders.  It was not too crowded but, unfortunately, quite noisy, our only complaint.  Three of us had the fish fry, which was really good, and I had a mammoth and excellent pizza, with enough leftover for tonight's dinner.

When we were finished dinner, the fun began.  Evie went off to the restroom, came back talking animatedly with a woman.  It turned out that she, Deb, is an avid and enthusiastic reader of our blog.  She recognized Evie from the blog and was excited to meet us since she reads it every morning and knows all about our family, travels and daily routine.  It was touching to hear her speak how much she enjoyed seeing photographs of our children and grandchildren, especially watching the grandchildren change as they grew up.  And she mentioned Evie's cooking, how it reminded her of herself and her family.  We talked with her, met her husband, Mark, and his friend, Tim and vowed that we would meet for dinner in the future.  It was so much fun talking with her and her enthusiasm for the blog overwhelmed us.  She is a special lady.


6:16

6:17

6:18
It's a clear eyed morning here, a calm lake, blue skies, a gleaming sunrise, a crisp 45º.  And the bass boats are back, roaring out of the marina at 6:45, the first fishing tournament of the year. It looks like a perfect Spring Saturday on the lake.

Kayaking This Morning

Kayaking Yesterday Morning
It's 8:45 as I finish this blog, after a great paddle down to Sandy Bottom, across to Long Point and home.  There was not much wildlife out there but I did get a photograph of my favorite Great Blue Heron, my early morning buddy.

My Early Morning Friend
Yesterday, I bagged yoga, deciding that four times a week is enough. And it was nice not having to worry about getting in paddle before hurrying in the house, getting ready for yoga and driving off to Lakewood.  We both then relaxed with our coffee and even though it was gray out, with some drizzle, I decided to get in some kayaking even though it was later in the morning than usual. When I got back, I decided to drive to Mayville, to reregister my boat trailer, something I have to do each year.  And I stopped at a pharmacy to pick up some prescriptions for Evie, then the Hardware store and finally Tops grocery.  In other words, I made the rounds of about the only businesses in Mayville that are still open.

When I got home, Evie gave me a choice of a Turkish omelet or eggs on spinach for lunch.  How could I pass up eggs coddled in spinach with a bagel?  Yum.  I watched Jack Taylor, read some, tried to nap but was not ready for it.  So Evie and I made a mistake and went outside to do some work in the yard, trim back the red twig dogwoods in the garden.  It's not a big deal usually but we soon found it was hot and sticky, the kind of weather we dislike.  We marshaled on, got it done, but we were not happy about it and were glad to get back in the cool house and take it easy, my mantra.


Heavy Winds And Rain
Around 4:30, the predicted storm arrived, pelting our yard and lake for about 15 minutes before it slowly cleared up, so our drive to Findley Lake was easy.

Storm's Passing By
As I mentioned above, we went out for dinner, had a great time and were home by 8:00, driving the long way on #426, as the sun set over the farmlands, coloring the sky blood red.

Chautauqua County Sunset
We were home in time to watch some basketball and Colbert before deciding we had enough fun for the night and went to bed.
With Our Neighbors, Marjorie And Ken


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...