Sunday, May 6, 2018

Listening To CSPAN On A Sunday Morning


A Stately Great Blue Heron

6:24

8:00
I opened my eyes to the early morning light at 6:00, wondered what time it was when the roar of bass boats filled my ears.  It was just after 6:00 and the roar went on for at least a minute or two as one boat after another blasted off to various parts of the lake, seeking the big one.  This happens on and off on weekends all summer but I don't remember it this early in the year.  I came down, made the coffee and turned on Cspan, listening to the diverse, sometimes troubling, voices of authentic Americans.  It's now 8:00 and I have been out on the lake for forty-five minutes, enjoying the lake, the changing sky, looking for wildlife to photograph. The variety of ducks are becoming scarce, only a few remain.

Kayak Morning At 7:10

A Barren Long Point 
Yesterday was the best spring day so far, lots of sun, a light breeze, and temperatures in the low 70's, not 80's like last weekend.  I was out on the lake early, of course, for what has become my morning constitutional, paddling for close to an hour.  When I returned, we both took it easy with another cup of coffee and finishing the blog before getting moving.  Around 10:00, Evie had the kitchen cleaned up and the trash ready for me to take to the Transfer Station.  When I got back, it was too nice to stay inside we spent the rest of the morning outside, Evie working in the garden and I trimmed the privets in our front yard, hoping they will fill out and get some sun before the trees bring their shade.

Buffleheads 
Lunch was easy, a new organic ramen soup which was tasteless and a bagel with peanut butter.  I finished up a Jack Taylor episode and watched some basketball before taking a cat nap, waking refreshed and ready to go.  It was still a beautiful afternoon, so we decided to enjoy the afternoon, rather than work and went out on the dock to enjoy the sunny afternoon.  We even went crazy around 4:00 and split a Labatts Light and had some pretzels.

Afternoon Fishing Off Of Long Point
We were in a tizzy as to what to do on our Saturday night.  There was a band we liked playing in Kennedy, about a half hour drive away, but we knew it would be crowded and we would likely have to stand and listen to the band for a couple of hours.  We finally decided that would be too much, especially for Evie with her recovering sciatic, so we decided to have a typical Saturday night, a Manhattan or two with some good cheese, this time with a slab cheddar.  So that's what we did, watching the sky darken slightly as dusk is later and later these days. 

Grape Jelly Dipping
Dinner was a huge salad with the leftover pizza from Friday night's dinner.  This combo of salad and pizza is the best.  We watched Bill Maher, some Colbert,  a brief slice of the news, before going up to bed to read.  I finished AFTER THE FALL, a book I had started a couple of times but something always got in the way of reading only a couple of chapters, but this time I finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...