Thursday, February 1, 2024

Overcast And 33º

7:44

Open Waters

It's 7:30 and all is gray as usual. The cardinal just appeared at the feeder as well as a couple of finches. The lake is beginning to melt because I can see a small pond of open water off of Victoria although it's still frozen in front of our house. It's just after 9:00 and I just returned from breakfast at Lake Life Cafe in Bemus Point, a good way to start the day. 

Wednesday was busier than usual. I got up late, had breakfast, and wrote the blog just as Evie was getting up. I then had a good forty-five minutes to relax and read before driving off to yoga with Tara at 10:00, always a different and good class. I did not linger but came straight home and made lunch because Evie was out taking our neighbor shopping. I heated up the grits and sausage, fried a couple of eggs, and watched another half hour of Reacher before I had to drive to Jamestown for my yearly eye appointment.

All is well with my eyes and whatever I had last week is clearing up. I was in no hurry to get home so I stopped at Runnings to see if I could still get eighty bucks off my next purchase because I have a new Runnings Visa card. The gal checked on it, yep, so I bought another pair of Kuhl pants and paid only thirty bucks for them, a deal because they were $99.00 plus tax. I then stopped at KFC for our once-a-year treat of extra crispy chicken thighs and coleslaw, Evie's request. I was not home until 4:00 and quickly relaxed on the couch with my book and took a cat nap. We enjoyed our usual glass of wine and listened to the news, the idiotic MAGA crowd's controversy over Taylor Swift. 

Neither of us could wait for our KFC so we ate a bit early, at 6:00. We liked it to start but by the time we finished the second thigh we had enough and I am not sure if I wanted any more for today's lunch. We binge-watched BEEF until 9:15 when we both had enough and watched some basketball.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...