Monday, February 26, 2024

Sunny And Warming, Alas

7:46

7:31

8:34

It's another bright, sunny winter morning here on the lake, a toasty 34º with a high of 55º this afternoon, making me wonder where went winter. The lake is still mostly frozen although there's an open area two houses down, filled with mallards feeding. 

We had our usual or normal Sunday, with the weather cooperating. I was up early, opening to kayak but the lake had frozen up overnight. So I had a long coffee, wrote the blog then drove to Tractor Supply and mistakenly picked up a battery charger, not a jump starter which I wanted. So I will have to return it and I ordered a jump starter once again on Amazon but with my luck, I will be returning that as well. Anyway, it was a wasted morning excursion.

Thunder Bridge

I was home by 11:30 and Evie was ready to go for our Sunday morning walk at the Chautauqua Institution. It was a bit nippy when we walked into the wind but otherwise, it was a pleasant forty-five minute walk. The CI is still relatively quiet as we ran into only two dog walkers. It felt good to be out in the chill of a February morning. 

We didn't get home until 12:30 and by 1:00, I was enjoying a Turkish omelet with feta cheese, tomatoes, and Turkish spices and watching Caitlin Clark play on TV. I rarely get a chance to watch her play because her games are usually carried on Peacock TV. She's fun to watch but after a quarter, I had enough and decided to read and see if I could nap, I could. 

We spent the afternoon relaxing, waiting for happy hour and dinner time. We listened to the 'bad news' as I call it until 6:00, enjoying a glass of wine. Then, we got busy prepping our dinner, Sechuwan eggplant with Yu-Xiang sauce. It's one of my favorites and I splurged on Asian eggplant when shopping on Friday. Evie did much of the prepping but I did the cooking in our new wok, first braising eggplant, then ground pork, before adding hot bean sauce, ginger, and garlic, then finishing it off with a sauce. Served over rice, it was the best Asian meal I have made in a long time. For once, I got the seasoning right so that it tasted like restaurant food. We ended the night finishing a series on Max called Five Days, then Hometown before bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...