Saturday, February 3, 2024

Sun In The Afternoon

8:18

It's 8:00 and I am listening to the New Yorker Radio Hour on the failure of all solutions to the immigration problem, especially the failure of Congress. The major problem in a nutshell is that by the time the immigrants get to the border, it's too late to do anything effective. We are excited at the weather forecast of the sun for the next four days. So far, it hasn't happened. Temperatures will still be in the 30s, the worst of all possible worlds, with no ice fishing, no kayaking, and no snow. 

Breakfast Buddies

Friday was Friday, the same basically as the rest of the week this winter, nothing much seemed to change. I wake to a gray sky, temperatures in the 30s, and a busy bird feeder as I enjoy my coffee. I have breakfast and finish up the blog with Evie's help and by 9:40 I am usually on my way to yoga class. The five regulars were there, including me. I skipped coffee and did a quick shopping at Aldi's, picking up a few things we needed for the weekend. Aldi's always seems busy, with lots of Amish, carts filled to the top with groceries. 

I was home by noon, ready for lunch, the last of Thursday night's Santa Fe chicken. I finally finished Jack Reacher on Prime and it's hard to recommend it other than the fact that I stayed with all six episodes. After lunch, I was happy to get back to my book and fortunately, I took a good half-hour nap. Neither of us had much mojo and planned an easy dinner as well, moussaka from the freezer. We did have a great brie for happy hour,  and we dragged it out until 7:00. The moussaka was great, just as good as when it was made. We watched our typical Friday night TV, Colbert, and Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives before going up to bed. Our Fridays don't change much despite it being TGIF. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...