Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Waking To Thunder, Lighting And Rain

8:18

A Colorful Guy

It's 9:00 and I just returned from paddling for a half hour, running into fog as I kayaked down to Sandy Bottom so I turned around and came back, the fog following me and now, at 9:00, it has completely disappeared. We are in for some bizarre weather over the next 24 hours. At the moment, it's 56º but why this evening, he should drop to 20º, close to a 40º difference, accompanied by heavy winds.

Into The Fog

Northern Sky

Kayak Morning

Yesterday was a busy morning and evening, a relaxing afternoon as usual. No kayaking because the lake was still partially frozen. So after breakfast and the blog, I drove to Lakewood to a class with Courtney, six of us, five gals, and Moi. After class, Evie had a shopping list ready for me on the Wegmans app so off I went on 5% Tuesday, always crowded with old farts like me. And shopping is made worse by Wegmans changing products in all the aisles. 

Late Afternoon Sun

I didn't get home until 12:30 and immediately made lunch, heating up the white bean stew and toasting a couple of brioche sliders for lunch. I am now into the Nixon years and just found out that he tried to sabotage the peace talks to win the election, promising the Viet Cong a special deal if they refused to go to the peace talks. We may have another Nixon in the making. The afternoon went as usual, quickly and I was showered and ready to be picked up by Ron at 5:30. We were driving to Jamestown Community College to watch the Class C boys basketball semifinals. 

Packed Gym


We watched two exciting games, the first starting at 6:00, and the second at 7:45. All four teams had one outstanding player, but the rest of the team was rough and inexperienced. I was shocked by how young the players seemed, skinny and small but quick and hustling. The gym was packed with fans and we were both struck by the lack of diversity in the crowd. The second game went down to the final seconds which was fun. We were home by 9:45, time to watch some NBA before bed. 

Mostly Old Guys


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...