Friday, February 9, 2024

A Gray, 50º Morning In February

6:59

7:28

I just walked out to the lake's edge to see if it was open, however, there was still a thin layer of ice although it seemed to be open offshore. We continue this spring-like weather, with temperatures in the 40s and 50s and no snow, alas. It's killing the snowmobile and ice fishing business. The ski areas have been making snow so they are open but not for long if this warm weather continues. 

Sunrise At 7:28

9:01

Thursday began as usual with a quick coffee and the writing of the blog before I drove off to Bemus for breakfast at 8:00, in an usually quiet Lake Life Cafe. I was back home by 9:15, in time to publish the blog and get ready to drive to yoga at 10:00. Class was not as crowded as usual as many are off to warmer climates for the rest of the month. I was home by 12:10 and Evie suggested goose liver sandwiches for lunch, with pickles and mayo. How could I turn them down? I am now on the third episode of The Vietnam War and the US is becoming more and more involved just as Kennedy was assassinated in November, of 1963. I was in a Teaching English class when our professor announced his death and she talked about how as a teacher we might deal with such a tragedy with our classes.  I was in a similar situation when I was teaching an English class when 9/11 happened. 

I am sticking with my new novel, at least for now, called Ozark Dogs although I am tempted to try something else. My afternoon did not include a walk although it was a good afternoon to get out there. I was just lazy I guess, happy on my couch with a book. By 5:00, we were both showering and getting dressed because we were going out to dinner with our neighbors, Barb and Jim at 5:30. Jim drove to a newly opened restaurant called The Busti Taphouse. It opened back in 2017, closed because of COVID-19 but reopened a couple of weeks ago. When we arrived, we were surprised by the number of cars in the parking lot and were worried about getting a table. Fortunately, there was one left in the back which we took. It was nice to see a place thriving on a Thursday night. We ordered beers, of course, and a smoked fish appetizer. Evie had the chicken sandwich with fries and I had a Buffalo wings pizza, both decent. My only complaint was the noise, making it hard to hear sometimes. We left around 7:45 and will no doubt go back. We were home by 8:15 and watched a couple of episodes of Fool Me Once although its coincidences are getting silly, even cheesy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...