Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Morning Sun, Blue Skies, And 22º

7:14

7:32

Another bright sunny morning as I move around the living room to avoid the blinding sun. I was surprised at how cold it was outside 22º because it's supposed to get up to 50º later in the week. Today it may only get up to 40º.

Woodlawn

Victoria/Woodlawn

Yesterday was a strange day, as are most Mondays because I don't have yoga. So after a relaxing and long coffee, breakfast, and the blog, I drove into Lakewood and had coffee with my good friend Paul who I have not seen in a couple of weeks. He usually goes to coffee at 10:00 and because of yoga, I don't get there until 11:15 or later. We sat around talking along with a couple of older guys like us until after 11:00. On my way home, I stopped at Hogans and bought a hoagie for lunch and the local paper. When I got home, it was too early for lunch, so I decided to walk the Victoria/Woodlawn woods, getting in some exercise. I was out for forty-five minutes on an overcast and chilly morning. 

North

Leaves And Trees

I enjoyed half of my hoagie and began watching Ken Burns' Vietnam War and I hope I stick with it. What a mistake, a waste of lives, of doing what we thought was the right thing with disastrous results for both countries. I am finally getting into my book, The Heaven & Earth Grocery Store, and fell asleep reading, of course, taking a nap. Around 4:30, our neighbors, Barb and Jim stopped over and we had beers and Fritos and talked until at least 5:30, a good way to end the afternoon.

Dinner was easy, the leftover Japanese curry stew, with rice and a salad. Evie decided to go to bed early as she was feeling "off," so I decided to watch a movie called The Little Things, a police procedural with a great cast, Denzel Washington, Rami Malek, and Jared Leto as the serial killer. Unfortunately, the film did not compare to the task, a bit boring and I gave it a C.  I then watched the first half of the Kansas/Kansas State game, won by Kansas State in overtime.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...