Saturday, February 10, 2024

Back To Gray And Drizzle

8:47

Well, I guess we have had enough sun the past few days because next week looks like we will be back to Chautauqua gray and no snow. Both of us miss the snow, and the cold, winter weather and we just hope it's an anomaly, not the new normal. And we still have the rest of February as well as March for some winter days.

Friday was a decent day weather-wise, with some sun, and some clouds, atypical though for February. I was up early, enjoyed my coffee and NYTimes and Washington Post before breakfast and writing the blog, I left for yoga class at 9;40 and had another good, rigorous class with Tara. I then did some shopping at Wegmans although we didn't need much since we are going out both tonight and tomorrow. 

When I returned, Evie had a nice pot of soup simmering on the stove. For lunch, I had the leftover buffalo wing pizza from Thursday night and watched an hour of the Vietnam series, more and more depressing as Johnson knows it's a losing cause but sees no way out of it. I finally have found a book I am enjoying called An Honest Man by Michael Koryta. And once again, I wasted the afternoon if you call wasting it reading and napping but I did not get in a walk. 

Fortunately, we did have a good happy hour, with spicy tuna rolls, a good cheese, and a Manhattan or two since it was Friday, right. We had fun looking back at old photos of our family, especially our lives in Turkey. We haven't changed much! Dinner was moussaka and a salad, and we reluctantly watched more of the Netflix series, Fool Me Once. We ended the night with the news, the disgusting furor over Biden's memory lapses and Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...