Monday, February 19, 2024

Blinding Sun, Blue Skies, And 20º

7:29

8:06

I woke at 7:15 to a bedroom filled with sunshine, a delight actually after yesterday's morning gray. Right now,  I can hardly look out our living room window because of the sun's reflection on the partially frozen lake.

Ice, Malards, Open Lake

Yesterday was not much of a day because I was not feeling up to snuff, whatever that means. So I just hunkered down on my couch much of the day, either reading or in the TV room watching the boob tube, waited on by Evie, what a gal. I did get the blog done and skipped my usual breakfast but Evie made me scrambled eggs and toast around 11:00 and it cheered me up. 

Sunday Afternoon Blue Skies And Clouds

Evie spent much of the day in the kitchen, prepping tonight's dinner with Linda and Ron, and, as usual, I helped clean up. It was actually a decent day as neither of us had much that we didn't want to do. Evie enjoyed prepping and I enjoyed doing nada. I skipped lunch and read and napped and woke refreshed to blue skies and some sun. The afternoon went quickly, reading and watching some basketball but after 10 minutes, it bored me.

Dinner was great, BLTs! They have to be one of the great sandwiches of all time, with bacon, juicy tomatoes, lettuce, and this time, lots of Duke's mayo. I had two and a half sandwiches. We started watching an older film, The Holiday, but it seemed dated, silly, and predictable, and turned to Real Time With Bill Maher, a good choice. Evie was tired and went to bed early so I watched some of the NBA All-Star game which I had saved, a mistake. I saw this morning the winning team scored 211 points which should give you some idea of how both teams played defense. There was little or no defense, nada competitiveness, and mostly shot-making and dunking highlights. They ought to just cancel the game because it's not really a game, just showmanship. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...