Saturday, February 17, 2024

Morning Surprise: A Few Inches Of Snow And Sunshine

7:32

7:50

8:07

8:07

8:44

It's just after 8:00 as I start this on a surprisingly beautiful morning, as the sun just came out and we have some blue skies to go along with a heavy cloud bank over the eastern shore. It's chilly, 20º, with little if any wind, a nice change from the past few days. For some reason, Evie and I just watched a few minutes of Taylor Swift's concert in Australia before 96,000 people. It was amazing, the fan's hysteria, reminding us of The Beatle's hysteria back in the 1960s. Imagine, standing on stage, singing alone, before 96,000 screaming fans. It gave both of us goosebumps. Reluctantly, I am going to skip kayaking because of the soupy lake, with various ice floes and thin ice. 

Finches This Morning

I should be using ChatGPT to write this blog. Just tell it the specifics, coffee, blog, yoga, nap, reading, happy hour, and TV and it will write me up a blog, one that is better written and more interesting than what I could do. I also just started playing around with Microsoft Copilot, free, which answers any questions and can draft content, like a lesson plan or blog. I think I am too old-fashioned and will just stick with the old ways and write the blog myself.

So yesterday was a Friday and like most Fridays this winter, I was up early, wrote the blog, had breakfast, and was on my way to yoga class. Wednesday and Fridays are becoming the same, with just three of us in attendance, two gals and me. It's always rigorous and different, which is why the three of us attend. When I returned home, Evie had been busy but not too busy to make my lunch, the chicken soup from Thursday night, and another tomato and cheese pita sandwich, with the great bread from the Middle Eastern Store in Erie. 

For some reason, I was more tired than usual and fortunately, was able to take another good nap, waking refreshed, ready to clean up the kitchen after Evie's' cookies, always a mess. I also had lots of time to read because I skipped taking a walk, unfortunately. By 5:30, however, we were enjoying our usual Friday night Manhanttans, with sushi and cheese and crackers, always something to look forward to. For dinner, we had both the leftover chicken and short ribs with mashed potatoes and we watched Criminal Record, Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, and Colbert before bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...