Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Windy, Cold, And A Dusting Of Snow

7:27

8:05

It's winter again, 21º, with a frozen car and dusting of snow overnight. The lake is beginning to freeze again, as I can see bits of ice close to the shoreline so I am not going to brave the cold and kayak. 

On Tuesday I did get out on the lake briefly and it was cold and windy, not much fun so I paddled for just 20 minutes and came home. By 9:00, I had kayaked, eaten breakfast, written the blog, and was on my way to yoga, just three of us alas. After class, I braved the crowd at Walmart to pick up a few things for last night and tonight's dinner. When I returned, Evie had a pot of soup simmering on the stove, having used all of the leftover veggies in the frig. For lunch, I had soup and toasted cheese sandwiches and watched my show. Life does not change much during the winter months.

A Brief Afternoon White Out

Because of the weather, the wind, and light snow, neither of us wanted to venture out for a walk. So we hunkered down as usual and read, napped, or watched TV, filling the afternoon as we waited for Evie's Zoom call with her sisters at 5:00. I finished my book, An Honest Man, set in Maine on an island and liked it. After the Zoom call, we relaxed and watched it snow until it was time to get dinner. Earlier, I bought a rotisserie chicken, so Evie served it with mashed potatoes and gravy, just what I wanted. We watched another episode of Criminal Records then started a new series on Netflix called One Day, based on David Nichols's novel which I loved. So far, we are sticking with it although I hardly recognize the plot from the novel but that may be just me, not remembering. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...