Friday, February 2, 2024

Morning Gray With Drizzle Or Sleet

8:23

It's a forgettable Friday morning, lots of gray, some fog, and precipitation. The lake is frozen in parts and because the temperature lately has always been in the 30s, I doubt if I will be kayaking soon although the sunshine is forecast for the next four days. Imagine that...four days of sunshine in February.

Eagle On Thin Ice

Thursday was what else, typical. Up early, read the newspapers online, depressing and scary, then wrote the blog, all by 7:50 when I drove over for breakfast with friends. I was home just after 9:00, in time to finish the blog and drive off to yoga class with Danielle at 10:00. It's a Yin Yoga class so we always stay on the floor and hold poses for two to three minutes. It's the most popular class. An older couple came for the first time and had to help with everything. Neither seemed to be able to do any of the poses, and the husband ended up just reclining on his mat. At the end of class, his wife couldn't get up off her knees and needed help from Danielle. It was sad to see them struggle. After class, I did another major shopping at Wegmans because we were having friends for dinner on both Thursday and Sunday nights. I still have trouble remembering where certain items are since they changed the aisles.

I didn't get home until 12:30 and had an easy lunch, a bowl of Campbell's beans and bacon soup which I found in our pantry. I remember it used to be one of my favorites back in the 1950s. Yep, the 1950s when everyone had Campbell's soup for lunch. Evie had our dinner already made but managed to fill the next few hours with things to do in the kitchen with my help at times. 

Dinner

Jack and Diane arrived at 5:30, just as it was getting dark and we sat around the fireplace, enjoying drinks and appetizers. It was good to see them, especially Diane because it's been a while since we've been together. Dinner was great, Evie's Santa Fe chicken was always good and something she could make ahead of time. We ended the evening with Evie singing 21 Pilots songs, Jack singing John Prine's songs, while enjoying vanilla ice cream with homemade hot fudge. 

A Happy Gang

They left just after 9:00 and we quickly cleaned up the kitchen so we could watch another episode of BEEF. Earlier, I had finished The River We Remember so couldn't wait to get back to my new read, The Heaven And Earth Grocery Store by James Mc Bride. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...