Thursday, February 8, 2024

Warming Up

7:05

7:30

It's a partly cloudy morning, with lots of blue, a few white clouds, and a decent sunrise off over Tom's Point. At the moment, it's 31º but may get up to 50º later in the day. The sun just rose a few minutes ago, at 7:30, once again filling the living room with its light. No birds yet at the feeder but they will come. It's 9:15 and I just returned from breakfast in Bemus on a bright, sunny morning. I could get used to this if there's no snow. 

Wednesday was another fine day, mostly blue skies and sunshine, like the previous couple of days. My morning went quickly with the usual coffee, reading, the blog, breakfast, and off to yoga by 9:35. The last two mornings my Kia's windows have been frozen so yesterday I took the Outback which I keep in the garage. Yoga class was rigorous as Tara focused on the hip flexors and iliopsoas among other muscles. Until I took up yoga, I didn't know I had them. 

Early Afternoon Blue

After class, I came straight home, no need to shop, and had lunch, the leftover Japanese curry stew from Sunday, still tasty. I watched the second episode of Vietnam, as Kennedy began to enlarge the American involvement. I am having trouble finding something to read and have started two books. I got halfway through one before putting it down and started two others but may not stick with either. I am wondering if it's the book or me.

Thunder Bridge

Chautauqua Institution Shore

Chautauqua Bell Tower

So after downloading a couple of books, reading some, and napping, I decided to get in a walk around 4:00. So I drove over to the Chautauqua Institution and walked along the waterfront for a change and was out for forty-five minutes, just right. I was home by 5:00, in time for happy hour. Evie had already prepped our dinner using veggies for a casserole, so we could relax for a good hour, letting it bake and then sit for 15 minutes before serving. We decided to watch a Harlan Coben series on Netflix called Fool Me Once. I am not sure what to think of it because of a couple of improbable turns but I guess that's what makes him a best-selling writer. We ended the night with some news and another Hometown, from Laurel, Mississippi. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...