Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Morning Sun And Chilly

7:04

7:15

7:31

8:21

It's 8:00 and I have been up for over an hour, waiting for the sun to rise and listening to the moaning and cracking of the lake ice. It's still cold out there, 27º, and will get up into the mid-40s later in the day, perhaps 50º tomorrow. I am about ready to change seats as the sun keeps moving, filling our living room, blinding me if I don't move. 

Yesterday was another day full of sunshine and blue skies. It began and ended with a bright sun, unusual for this part of the US and I am not complaining. My morning was the usual, up early, taking photos of the sunrise, enjoying coffee, filling the bird feeder, having breakfast, writing the blog, and having Evie edit it. I was on my way to yoga at 9:10 after scraping the ice off of my car. The yoga class with Courtney was small, four of us, and enjoyable as always. I skipped coffee, and came straight home, loving the blue skies. 

Afternoon Ice And Blue

Campground Chapel

Lunch was easy, the other half of my hoagie from Hogan's and I watched the rest of the first episode of Ken Burns's Vietnam War. The first episode outlines what led up to the US's involvement, the French occupation, and the rise of Ho Chi Minn and the communists. The afternoon went quickly, with reading and napping. By 4:00, however, I was ready to get some exercise so I went for a walk around the campground, empty this time of the year. I was out for forty-five minutes on a chilly late afternoon. 

Whitney Bay And Looking North

Long Point

When I returned, we enjoyed a glass of wine and listened to Jake Tapper listen to Republicans explain why they are voting against the Senate's immigration plan. After a while, we were so infuriated by their hypocrisy that we listened to music instead of the news.  For dinner, Evie air-fried the sea trout, added it to a salad, with hard-boiled eggs, lettuce, tomatoes and a great dressing. We listened to the news for a bit before deciding we would rather watch the rest of the Grammys from Sunday night, a good choice. We ended the night with a Colbert and NBA after Evie went up to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...