Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Haze, Windy, And 46º

7:01

7:09

8:37

It's just after 8:00 and I have been up for over an hour. The sun rose just around 7:00 and is now still bright behind light clouds. The lake is frozen near our shoreline, open out towards Long Point. We saw a couple of fishing boats trolling off of Long Point yesterday afternoon so the water around  Long Point Marina must be open. 

Morning Fishing

Sea Gulls On Thin Ice

A Bevy Of Prancing Mallards

Yesterday was unseasonably warm, with highs in the 50s, perhaps 60s. I was up at 6:30 with nothing planned for the morning. By the time I had breakfast and wrote the blog, I decided to drive to Dobbins Woods, about ten minutes away. I have walked it many times over the years and although I like it, the various paths are strewn with tree roots, making it difficult to look anywhere but down on the path so you don't trip. It takes forty-five minutes if you take your time and fortunately, it was not too wet and in many areas, boardwalks were placed to avoid the wetlands. 

Dobbins Woods Trail

Board Walks

Nasty Tree Roots

Welcome

I stopped at Hogans for a paper, to figure out the times for tonight's sectional finals at JCC. Ron and I are going to attend. I was home by 11:45 and Evie was getting ready to drive to Westfield for her annual mammogram. I heated up the leftover Sechuwan eggplant with rice and it was tasty, just like the night before. I watched the Vietnam War and Tricky Dick just announced he was running for President, to save America and end the war. After lunch, I returned to my book The Drifter by Nick Petrie and I am pretty sure I have read it before but so what. I don't remember much of it. 

Evie was home by 2:00, having done some shopping at Tops in Mayville. After my nap, it was so inviting outside, warm and sunny, that I decided to do some yard work and picked up over a hundred pine cones that for some reason, had fallen from our pine tree. They covered our backyard. We hope it was just heavy winds, not something to do with the health of the trees. I spent a good half hour, raking and bending over picking up the sticky cones. 

The rest of the afternoon we both relaxed, then enjoyed a happy hour until 6:00 when Evie made our dinner. She already had potatoes in the oven so all she needed to do was fry up some mushrooms and a T-bone steak for us to share, an easy and tasty Monday night dinner. We watched a couple of episodes of Marcella on Netflix, then some news, and an HGTV show before bed. 

9:55 pm


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...