Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Musical Chairs

7:02

7:13

8:32

It's 8:30 and I have been up since 7:00 and this is the fourth or fifth seat I have been in, as I move around the living room to avoid the bright sun. It's another brilliant sunny, blue sky morning and the lake is still frozen. It's warming up with this morning's temperature, a chilly 31º but by noon, it may be a toasty 48º. An example of how fickle weather can be, by Saturday, the temperature may get down to 17º, 31º colder than today's high. 

Canadian Geese Are Back

Yesterday was a strange day because  I woke up tired, lacking mojo, and forced myself to go to yoga. I didn't kayak because the lake was frozen and was up early and had a bad night sleeping. So after breakfast and the blog, I was off to yoga, and by the end of class, I felt better. By the time I got home, I was back to the blahs and didn't feel like doing anything, no hiking, no cleaning up the deadfall in the yard. 

Evie made me soup and cheese sandwiches for lunch and I got further depressed watching The Vietnam War on TV. After lunch, I couldn't wait to take a nap and was surprised to wake up at 3:00. I then did little other than lie on the couch and read, and at 5:00, Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters. We were supposed to go to a local basketball game with friends. I wanted to go but just didn't have the energy to do it so we stayed home and had the leftover pastitsio for dinner and had our usual evening of TV, Hometown, HGTV, and another episode of Marcella. I feel more like myself this morning so I will be off to yoga in an hour.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...