Tuesday, December 5, 2023

A Wasted Day

8:39

It's 7:19 and still dark gray outside on a 30º windless morning so far. I hope to get in a paddle because though it's overcast, rain is not predicted. It's 8:40 and I was out kayaking for just a half hour because the sky started to pelt me with white dots of snow or sleet just as I began my paddle, cutting it short. 

Kayak Morning

Yesterday was a long day of doing practically nothing. Fortunately, despite the drizzle, I was able to kayak for 50 minutes. Then, Evie and I finished up the blog and I had breakfast. The one thing I had to do was take my car in the my mechanic once again to see if he can figure out why the battery on my Outback kept dying. First, I had to call AAA to come and start the car. This is the third time they have come in the last couple of months. Once it was up and running, I drove to my mechanic, dropped the car off for a few days and Evie picked me up and drove us home. And that was it for the day.

Lunch was the last of the lentil soup and peanut butter and jelly on rye bread. I watched the last episode of the second season of The Wire and am ready to start the third season. Evie, however, was busy making a nice pot of broccoli/cheese soup and some of her ginger/lemon drink for the day. Once I finished lunch, I either watched TV, read, or napped and Evie joined me although she was into her book When Breath Becomes Air and in fact, finished it. 

Late Afternoon Clouds And Blue Skies

We relaxed and listened to the news at 5:30 and watched the sky darken. Dinner was easy, no fuss, a couple of hot dogs, broccoli soup and a salad. We watched a new film on Netflix, May/December and I didn't much like it although Evie liked it more than me. It also had annoying piano music to create drama throughout which got to be too much. We were both very happy when we could watch another ER or HGTV show. We ended the night with a few minutes of NFL football and NBA basketball before going up to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...