Saturday, December 2, 2023

Fog, Rain, Gray Skies And Duck Hunters

7:13


9:03

I was up way too early again, 6;15, to drizzle, duck hunter guns filling the air, and a gray sky and lake. I wonder if I should kayak because the guns are blasting away both north and south. I am surprised it has not awakened Evie it's so loud. I did make it out for forty minutes, avoiding the hunters by paddling towards the reeds, then heading across the lake to Long Point and home. Fortunately, I picked a good time to kayak because it did not rain although it was predicted. 

Long Point

Woodlawn

The days are lining up the same and whether that's good or bad, I am not sure. I paddled yesterday for 50 minutes, had breakfast, finished the blog, and went to yoga class, as a  Friday class has been added. It was a miserable day out, snow melting, drizzle and gray skies so I came straight home, as we did not need anything from Wegmans. When I got home, Evie had a pot of lentil soup simmering on the stove for my lunch. So along with the soup, I finished up the ham salad from Petersons, delish. 

Long Point This Morning

Because of the weather, neither of us ventured outside but sat around the house all afternoon with the Friday blahs. I finished my book Traitor and started the fourth in the Cormorant Strike series by Robert Galbraith (J. K. Rowling) and napped of course. Because I was bored, I watched a couple episodes of The Wire during lunch and in the afternoon. 

We had our usual happy hour, listening to the radio and reading and since neither of us wanted to fuss with dinner, we had leftover pizza from the freezer and a salad, just right. We watched a mediocre film on Hulu, To Catch A Killer but it filled our evening which ended, of course, we another episode of ER. What are we going to watch when we finish the 15th season? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...