Thursday, December 28, 2023

Foggy Day, Party Night

Sixty Years Together And Going Strong

Oh, what a night
Late December back in sixty-three
What a very special time for me
As I remember, what a night

It's 8:00 and I am sitting in my sister's living room, looking out their family room window at a foggy morning on Lake Erie. It's been this way for the past 24 hours, drizzle and fog, drizzle and fog on a 44º morning. I am the only one up, as usual, waiting for my brother-in-law Rich to make his famous big breakfast, which is worth the drive into Euclid.

Lake Erie Morning

Yesterday was a busy day although it didn't start out that way as I was up and 6:00 and didn't head off to yoga until 9:30. It was raining and windy so I didn't get in a paddle, just enjoying my morning with coffee and writing the blog. After yoga class, I did a quick run through Wegman's, picking up a few essentials before driving home. Evie had lunch ready, soup, and a cheese sandwich and because I was up so early, I took a good forty-five-minute nap. 

We left for Euclid at 2:30 and unfortunately, ran into heavy fog in Erie and parts of Ohio, not only slowing us down but scaring us as trucks, seemingly oblivious to the fog, raced by in the passing lane. It was an accident waiting to happen but fortunately, there were no accidents at least as we were driving. We were in Euclid to celebrate my sister Linda and her husband Rich's 60th wedding anniversary with their kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids.

Rich Jr. and Family

Grade School Friends And Daughter, Kirsten

Family Gathering

We left for The Chop, a restaurant in Cleveland at 5:30 and were driven by their daughter and her husband so neither of us had to drive. The Chop had reserved a room for family, thirty-two of us, and were ready for us. We mingled for a good forty-five minutes, enjoying drinks and appetizers. It was great for us to see all the family since we last saw them in October at the clambake. Dinner was great, steak, chicken or salmon, a salad, cheesecake for dessert, and a couple of bottles of wine on each table. The highlight was the speeches by the kids and grandkids, a couple breaking down in tears as they talked about their grandparents. It was an emotional night towards the end. 

Kids And Grandkids

Son Pat And Wife Courtney Celebrate

The party ended around 10:00, with some of the young uns heading off to a bar but the four of us went home, too tired to continue partying. When we got home, we relaxed in the living room for a bit, going back over the wonderful night before heading up to bed around 11:15.


1 comment:

  1. My friends from work Carl and Coletta look great, the 4th is our 60th. time flies

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...