Saturday, December 16, 2023

Warming Up And Partly Cloudy

7:18

7:28

9:34

It's 8:03 and I just had to move to another chair because the sun just popped above the clouds, filling our living room with light. It's 33º but may get up into the high 40s later in the day. It's 8:15 and the sky had clouded up, hiding the sun, turning everything gray, alas. It's 9:35 and I had a great, 50-minute paddle down to the Powerboat Club and back, on a calm, light-wind lake. No waterfowl to speak of other than a few mallards and seagulls. 

Kayak Morning

Woodlawn/Victoria

Northern Sky

Yesterday was another unusual December day, lots of sun and in the 40s, with light winds and no snow. I was able to get in a good paddle because of the light winds before breakfast. After finishing up the blog, I drove to Lakewood for a yoga class with Tara, always challenging. I stopped for a coffee but none of my buddies were there so I came straight home. The sun was out, and the weather was inviting, so Evie suggested we drive over to Long Point State Park for a walk. So off we went, walked the park for close to an hour and were home by 12:45. It had been a busy morning for me, with kayaking, yoga, and a walk so I felt righteous. Evie had already made up the rest of the chicken salad so that's what I had for lunch while I watched The Wire and surprise, Stringer Bell(Idris Elba) gets blown away by Omar. 

Long Point Trail

Towards The Lake

The rest of the day was our typical afternoon, of not doing much, just enjoying the peace and quiet of the lake. I am reading a new novel called Red Queen, a thriller set in Spain. So far, I like it.  By 5:30, we had gotten a few more things done and were rewarding ourselves with a Manhattan and some appetizers before dinner. By 6:45, we were enjoying the leftover Santa Fe chicken and cornbread and watched a couple of episodes of The Crown. So far, it's not as engaging as the previous four episodes which dealt with Diana's life and untimely death. We ended the night with another ER then up to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...