Sunday, December 10, 2023

A Spreading Gray And Occasional Drizzle

7:36

9:29

It's 9:30 and I just returned from a short, 35-minute paddle and my lovely wife just got up, lucky gal. I cut my paddle short again because of duck hunters hanging out in their duck blind just this side of Sandy Bottom. I was rewarded with a fair shot of a hawk and of course, he took off just as I tried to get a bit closer. 

Kayak Morning

Cloud Mass

Red Shouldered Hawk

Yesterday was a full day beginning with kayaking, of course, then the usual blog and breakfast. We were in no hurry to get the day started so we took our time but by 10:30, the trash was gathered and I was off to the Transfer Station. Saturday was an Empty Bowls day, where area potters donated time and bowls to a good cause, this time St. Luke Episcopal Church in Jamestown. I parked in our dentist's parking lot, just across from the church because it was a busy downtown Jamestown because of Empty Bowls. lt was crowded inside as well. We have been to Empty Bows in Fredonia many times so picking out five bowls was easy. I  paid for them, and had a bowl of vegetable beef soup before heading home, happy to have donated a hundred bucks to feed the homeless in Jamestown. 

A Busy Empty Bowls

Because of the soup, I put off having lunch until 1:00, the leftover spaghetti and meatballs, and watched some basketball, then my series, The Wire.  We were having Ron and Linda over for an Asian dinner so Evie was busy much of the afternoon, prepping all the veggies, sauces, and marinades for our dinner. I helped some, in between reading, napping, and taking a shower. I felt bad not getting a walk but both of us had enough to do.

Late Afternoon Blue

Ron and Linda arrived at 6:00 and loved our Christmas tree and back porch lights. We are such Xmas addicts! We relaxed with a glass of wine before sitting down at the table for appetizers, pork potstickers and hot sour soup, an Evie favorite. We then moved to the kitchen where I got busy making the main course in our wok, Singapore Noodles. Evie had all the veggies and sauces ready, so I quickly stir fried the chicken and shrimp, and added the veggies, asparagus, tomatoes, onions, and napa cabbage, as the noodles boiled. Once they were done, I added the noodles and the lightly flavored curry sauce, with siracha, cumin, oyster sauce, and soy, then mixed it all together and served it, Everyone seemed to really like it. We then enjoyed a mango sorbeet for dessert in the living room. By 9:30, we were all tired, so Linda and Ron headed home, and we quickly did up the dishes before going to bed.  I watched 15 minutes of the Lakers/Pacers game but lost interest and would rather read in bed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...