Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Winter White

7:46

It's 7:30, windy, and cold, with maybe six to eight inches of snow having fallen overnight. The lake is gray with white caps so I don't think I will be kayaking, probably shoveling snow. It's 8:30 and I just shoveled or rather pushed around close to eight inches of snow, so I could get my car out of the driveway. Both cars started so that's a good thing so I can make it to yoga.

Yesterday was not much of a day to enjoy, other than an early kayaking and a white happy hour. I paddled for forty-five minutes, just in time as it started to get choppy and windy when I returned home. I have no yoga on Monday so my day is open. We were supposed to meet with our lawyer but he called and changed the date so nothing had to be done. I, however, don't like to sit around so Evie made up a shopping list and I was off to Wegmans around 11:00, to get things we needed for the rest of the week before we drive to our daughter Jill's for Christmas on Friday. Wegmans was surprisingly busy for a Monday, as if people were already stocking up for Christmas and I got in the wrong checkout line. 

I was home by 12:45 and Evie made me a couple of chicken salad sandwiches and heated up her veggie soup for my lunch. I am on the fourth season of The Wire, and so far, it's not as compelling as the previous two seasons. After lunch, I started a new book, Lying Beside You, read for an hour then took a nap while Evie worked out for an hour on the rebounder. Because it drizzled or sleeting most of the afternoon, I did not get in a hike, alas, so my only exercise for the day was kayaking.

Snow

Around 5:30, we settled down with a glass of wine and some appetizers, and we were treated to falling snow and wind. We loved it, as the yard turned white, the gusts of snow in our spotlight. We helped ourselves to a second glass of white to extend our happy hour of falling snow. Dinner was an Evie original of chicken, mushrooms, broccoli, sweet potato, and a curry sauce over rice. It was delicious and we have enough for tonight's dinner as well. We watched some HGTV, then The Crown, and ER before going up to bed. An interesting day,

Beginning Of White

Living Room Window



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...