Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Blue Skies, Sun Rise

6:48

6:56

8:31

It's 7:20, the sky is clear, and the sun is about to rise off to the south. It's 27º and it looks like a sunny day until late afternoon. It's 8:35 and I paddled for 40 minutes, down to Sandy Bottom, into the sun of course, and the wind but it was easy and comfortable coming home.

Kayak Morning


Sun Rising

Victoria

Yesterday was another gray day, with snow flurries on and off during the morning. It was a windy morning so I got in a short paddle because of it and the choppy lake. We were in no hurry to get going so we relaxed for a good hour before getting up and doing something. I made a few phone calls and then decided that despite the wind and sleet, I would go for a walk around our woods. It was a good choice and despite the weather, I enjoyed it. I was out for forty minutes and walked a mile and a half.

Light Snow In The Woods

Woods

Looking North Towards Woodlawn

When I returned, it was just after noon so I had the leftover spaghetti and meatballs for lunch and by 12:30, I was off for a doctor's appointment in Jamestown. It was quick and I was on my way to drop off packages at a busy UPS in Jamestown. I then stopped at the Salvation Army and dropped off some goodies as well. I ended up at Runnings and found a pair of khaki jeans I liked, a surprise although they carry some decent lines of clothes. I finished my stops at Evans for some booze and could hardly find a place to park it was so busy on a Monday at 3:00. Go figure. 

By 5:30, we were enjoying wine and appetizers as the sky darkened and we listened to music. Evie was psyched because she just bought a new pair of AirPods Pro from Apple (an early Christmas present) (editor's note: that doesn't count.) They are amazing devices and put my pair to shame. We had chili over sweet potatoes for dinner, tasty and filling, and ended up watching some HGTV shows, ER, and football later in the evening before bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...