Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Dark Clouds Dominate The Morning Sky

7:07

7:45

8:55

It's 7:30 and I have been up for over an hour, watching the sky change as dark clouds block the light from a rising sun. A chilly 27º greeted me when I stepped out on the front porch to take a photo. Right now there does not seem to be much wind which contradicts what the weather app says. It's after 9:00 and I was kayaking for 35 minutes and it was cold, especially when the wind picked up. I am glad to be nice and toasty in our house. 

Kayak Morning

A Solitary Bufflehead

Tuesday was back to routine for me, as I started with a decent paddle and returned to finish the blog and have breakfast. I then drove to yoga with Courtney, always a well-attended class. After class, I stopped to check on my Outback and it was supposedly ready, the battery strong. So I drove home and Evie was ready to shop so she took me back to the garage, dropped me off and I drove the Outback home, hoping the battery problem is fixed. I am not particularly confident, nor was my mechanic. On my way home, I stopped and picked up a sandwich at the Ashville General Store. The parking lot was packed and I had to drive behind the building to find a place to park. It's good to see a busy place at lunchtime, as both the seating area and kitchen were busy.

Goose Creek, Ashville,

When I got home, I heated up Evie's soup and enjoyed half of my Cuban sandwich and watched The Wire. I look forward to watching it each day. I then read and napped and by the time I woke, Evie was home unpacking the groceries. I must have had a good nap. She shopped at Wegmans and Target for the first time and commented on how messy it seemed, with aisles filled with items on the floor or empty. It does not bode well for Target. 


Dusk

Northeastern Sky

Tom's Point Trailhead

By 4:00, I was ready to complete my trifecta and drove off to walk Tom's Point just as the sun was setting. It's an easy walk out to the point and back, with both open fields and woods, both overlooking the lake. It's rarely used except for duck hunters early in the morning. While I was gone, Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters. After she finished and I was home, we relaxed with a glass of wine and some sushi before our dinner. Evie was not very hungry nor was I so we had leftovers for dinner, soup, salad,  and Evie had the last of the Singapore noodles and I finished up the chili with sweet potatoes. We tried to watch Slow Horses on AppleTV+ but it kept cutting out so we went back to Hulu And ER and we finished the 14 season with the death of Greg Pratt, a surprise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...