Thursday, December 7, 2023

Another Dusting Of Snow

7:33

Peace And Love

Waking up to a white yard is always a surprise. The car, the lawn, and the tree trunks all have a light coating of snow. I cannot make up my mind about kayaking because the wind is so variable. Our new peace flag keeps flying and then dropping. It's not snowing at least on a 31º morning. It's 9:15 and I was out for 35 minutes and to my surprise, I was able to photograph an eagle, perched in the maple in our front yard. I had to turned around at Tina and Jim's house becaue duck huntres were firing away at Sandy Bottom.

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Victoria

Bald Eagle

Yesterday was dominated, at least for me by our yoga class. I did get in a brief paddle, before breakfast and the blog and after cleaning snow off the car, I drove to yoga at 10:00. Class was lined up against the wall because we started with legs up the wall. What was different, however, was we used sandbags all through class to make every pose more difficult. For example, with our legs up the way, we placed the bags on top of our feet. Sometimes we did circles around our heads to loosen our shoulders or placed them on our knees during hero poses. The worst was when we squatted with our backs up against the wall, sandbags on our knees. I lasted about 20 seconds. Everyone seemed to enjoy the change, even me who struggled with every pose.

After class, I did a quick run to Wegmans to pick up a couple of things before coming home. Evie had been busy making another pot of veggie soup and three pounds of meatballs, which she will freeze and pull out as needed during the next month. I had the last of the broccoli/cheese soup for lunch and a tilapia sandwich and watched my show. And that was it for the afternoon, just the usual, a book and a nap. I thought about a walk but lacked the mojo alas.

By. 5:45, we were ready to drive across the lake for wings at the Viking Club. We found seats at the bar, enjoyed a beer, and then in walked Ron and Linda, and we ended up sitting with them, enjoying the evening and the wings. It was a fairly busy night at the Viking which was nice to see. We left around 8:30, came home, changed into comfortable sweats, and watched an ER before Evie went up to bed. I stayed up and watched some basketball for a bit, then went up to read some. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...