Thursday, December 14, 2023

Getting Colder

7:29

Well, it was not a good start to the morning when the coffee pot didn't work. I fooled around with it to no avail so I drove off to Hogan's Hut, a couple of miles away and bought coffee for both of us. It's a busy place, even early in the morning. I passed on kayaking this morning because of the coffee and breakfast with the guys at 8:00. I didn't mind because it was 24º out there.

Yesterday was a fair day, not the best because I was too lazy to go for a walk on a cold but sunny afternoon. I started the day with a good paddle although the wind picked up when I started back. After breakfast and the blog, I drove to yoga with Tara, always challenging and different and yesterday was no disappointment. Everyone walks out of class talking about it. I came straight home because Evie was leaving for a hair appointment. She had been busy prepping some for tonight's dinner with friends and even had my lunch ready, soup, a sandwich, and lemon drizzle cake for dessert. 

Buffleheads In Flight

While Evie was out, I watched my show and enjoyed my lunch until 1:30. I then read some, tried to nap to no avail, and spent the next couple of hours wishing I had the mojo to go for a walk but basically I waited for Evie to get home. After her hair appointment, she drove over to Linda's where the two of them were going to kick back and watch a film, Love Actually, with a big bowl of popcorn, an enjoyable way to spend a cold winter day. 

We relaxed as always with a glass of wine for an hour and listened to the news and some music, a fairly new song called The Alcott by our favorite group, The National, written by and accompanied by Taylor Swift. We are becoming Swifties like the rest of Kansas City Chief fans. Dinner was rotisserie chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy which hit the spot, I loved it along with a salad. We watched a couple of episodes of Slow Horses but were not taken with it and ended up back with a couple of ER and basketball before bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...