Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Cold, Windy, And Overcast

7:46

9:10

It's 7:50 and I am debating whether to go for a paddle or not. It's 29º, with some wind and gray skies, not exactly inviting. We received maybe an inch or two of white overnight, so the lawn is covered with snow. Well, I did it, went for a half-hour paddle as the sky cleared, blue skies to the north but the lake got choppy so I did not stay out for long. At least I got out there.

Kayak Morning

Sky And Lake

Snowy Woodlawn

Tuesday was back to routine for me, shopping for Evie. I got in a good paddle, then wrote the blog, had breakfast and was on my way to yoga by 9:10. Class was sparsely attended, just a few of the regulars, Nick, Mary, and Laura. Like me, they seem to attend two or three times a week. 

When I returned, Evie was primed to go shopping, so she was on her way before noon and I was left on my own to make my own lunch. Can you believe that? So I heated up the broccoli soup and made tuna sandwiches and was happy, watching the third season of The Wire. I am not loving my Cormorant Strike novel but will stick with it. I napped some of course and waited for Evie to get home so I could help unload the car of groceries. She returned around 3:30 and I helped unload and put things away.

Campground

Outdoor Chapel

Around 4:45, dusk, I decided to complete my trifecta and go for a walk around the campground. I actually enjoyed it despite the falling, wet snow and I was out for forty-five minutes, about a mile and a half, trudging through a deserted campground. After Evie's Zoom call with her sisters, we treated ourselves to sushi rolls from Wegmans, enjoyed a libation, and listened to the news. By 6:30, Evie had air-fried our tilapia dinner, heated up sweet potatoes, and served a coleslaw-like salad from Aldi's. We watched a recommended film on Prime called Scrapper, about a ten-year-old, living on her own after the death of her Mom, who reluctantly learns to love a Dad who abandoned her during childbirth. It's a bit slow at first but stick with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...