Saturday, December 9, 2023

The Sun Also Rises

7:11

7:18

7:18

It's 7:53 and the sun just rose for a few minutes above the treeline before being swallowed up again by the clouds. It's an uncomfortable 45º for a December morning but I will take it, especially when kayaking. Like yesterday, there's a southerly wind but it should not be too bad kayaking on the lake. I am back from a 35-minute paddle, into the blinding sun as I went south, then home with the wind and sun at my back. 


Kayak Morning

The Sun Behind The Clouds

Yesterday was surprisingly warm, like this morning, so I was not only able to get in a paddle but also go to yoga and a walk late afternoon. The day started with a paddle, as usual, then a blog and breakfast, and I ended up at yoga class at 10:00, a new class which started on Fridays a couple of weeks ago, Now I can practice yoga four times a week if I feel like it. Once class was over, I was off to Wegmans and Evie had a 27-item list for me on the Wegmans app. Fortunately, it also had the aisles for various products because they had rearranged all their aisles a couple of weeks ago. I usually forget something or get the wrong thing but yesterday I was 'almost perfect.' While I was gone, Evie made pizza since she had dough sitting in the fridge so I had pizza and soup for lunch, an interesting combination. I watched another episode of The Wire and then read some although I am not happy with my book. So I downloaded another book, William Kent Krueger's "The River We Remember" but it's not available on Kindle for some reason so I will have to read it on my phone. 

North Towards Woodlawn

South Towards The Reeds

December Woods

Dusk

And of course, I got in a brief nap but by 4:00, I was off walking along the Victoria lakefront, up the yards to the woods, circling them, then home, out for a 35-minute jaunt. After my walk, we settled in our living room, turned on the Christmas tree lights, listened to the news, and enjoyed a libation. Dinner was the spaghetti and meatballs from Thursday and it hit the spot along with a salad. We watched another episode of Fargo which is getting to be too much, and then the finals of The Great British Baking Show and were surprised by the winner. We thought it should have been Josh. I am surprised how much we have enjoyed the many seasons of this show. We ended the night with HGTV's My Lottery Dream Home, hosted by colorful David Bromstad. It was interesting because the winners were buying a  home in Akron, Ohio, close to Hudson, Ohio where we lived for 33 years. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...